250 more acres and a few birds on it "PEAS"

swiss.tony

WENT hunting land again as iv since 20 -30 bird starting to hit a pea field 500 yards from mine but did not new who owned it as there never in field and i hate door knocking. So i thought id just ask about within 2 people id got name and address of farmer.

SO off i trotted on beg pulled in to drive and like a shot he was out who are you what do you want i thought here we go waste of time but after 30 seconds and telling him i shoot 15 farms within a 10 mile block of his he was all over me like a rash telling me he hated pigeons with a passion and can i shoot now there is 10 on there now .

As you can see the field from his door well i said it wood be rude not to help ill set up over there if that's ok he brought 2 cups of tea over and a bacon sandwich what a nice bloke . think he want to see if i was any good any way had 3 hrs and 34 birds lost a couple in rape at back and made a new mate in future he signed me up for everything about 250 acres not really a lot but just nice all the same and it all so backs up to crow wood where iv shot 250 crows in last few weeks so now i can hit them hard as i have all the fields round it now.

1 happy swiss back there tommro

post-23051-0-91280700-1340808133.jpg

thanks for nice comments lads it feels very easy at min but think it will start costing soon as fields are down im doing 100 quid a week in fuel now and yes the farmers buttys were very good i thought it was more of an excuses to walk over and keep a eye on me for 1st time any way he liked what he saw .

So good result all round plus iv got the best place to shoot them awfull black crows from now there going to get sum batter now watch this space lol

swiss

Edited by swiss.tony

thanks for nice comments lads it feels very easy at min but think it will start costing soon as fields are down im doing 100 quid a week in fuel now and yes the farmers buttys were very good i thought it was more of an excuses to walk over and keep a eye on me for 1st time any way he liked what he saw .

So good result all round plus iv got the best place to shoot them awfull black crows from now there going to get sum batter now watch this space lol

swiss

thats the best relationship you can hope for with a farmer getting a bacon sarnie i would love that ,wish a few where as accomadating as that with us, half the land we shoot we don,t even see the farmer from one year to the next just get on with it :lol:

Nice job Tony!!!!! I have learned not to be shy about asking permission---most they can do is so NO.

so very true mate i maybe ask 1 or 2 a week if i see them in fields not a big fan of going to there homes if i can help it but on this occasion it paid off only ever had 2 slam door in my face with a **** *** cause i woke them up i think but it was 5pm so not late at all.

Or well iv got more than enough for me its very addictive i just need more maybe ill stop at 20 lol

swiss

My thoughts exactly mr pigeon controller, if you don't ask you don't get,I went door knocking today as I saw the pigs on some blown down cereals today,,the farmer said "carry on lad and while your at it my mate is having problems next door I'll give him a call" one phone call later and 2 new perms in the bag (happy days). I now have 9 perms to go at for all vermin etc added up approx 3500 acres, it'll cost me a fortune in whiskey at Xmas ha ha, nice one Swiss it feels great dont it "when the man from delmonte he says yes".

Atb Swiss and happy hunting From flynny

My thoughts exactly mr pigeon controller, if you don't ask you don't get,I went door knocking today as I saw the pigs on some blown down cereals today,,the farmer said "carry on lad and while your at it my mate is having problems next door I'll give him a call" one phone call later and 2 new perms in the bag (happy days). I now have 9 perms to go at for all vermin etc added up approx 3500 acres, it'll cost me a fortune in whiskey at Xmas ha ha, nice one Swiss it feels great dont it "when the man from delmonte he says yes".

Atb Swiss and happy hunting From flynny

yer sure is mate for any 1 who say they carnt get land its there if you put effort in