air arms s410

jimmy

I own the thumbhole version of the S410 in .177 and it is a fantastic rifle, I also own a Theoben Rapid MKII FAC in .22 and the S410 is just as accurate as this (but cost less).

All I would say is that if you are going to get a quality rifle like the S410 then don't scrimp on the Scope, and I moderator is also a good idea if you are shooting live quarry with it (the new Air arms silencer is good but marks easily, also look at the logon silencer which I have and it is great).

My only problem with the S410 is that if I am on the range I find that I run out of air in the chamber quite quickly (about 50 - 75 shots), I guess I am just spoilt with the Rapid. This is never a problem if it is just being used in the field though.

You will not regret your choice.

Mark.

I had a S410K and it's frankly the best multishot in it's price bracket. The carbine is better balanced for hunting and will give about 50 perfect shots plus another 10 slightly down on power. Get the walnut version if you can afford it as it's even lighter and mine has fantastic figuring. The AA silencer is very quiet and perfectly adequate. The Logun is slightly better. I only sold it as I wanted a Bulpup TX that came up.

I had an AAS410 and, after a month, changed it for a .22 rimfire :P . I know FAC is a pain, and may not be what you want, but a rimfire will give far greater power than even the best air rifle - FAC rated or not :P

Having been down the route, I can say with confidence that the rimfire is tops - although there are some places I can't shoot as it is a bit too powerful for the area in question. I consistantly kill bunnies at 80 yards and found that whether at 10yards or 80 the result is always the same - quick death!! Also, the rimfire isn't noticeably effected by cross wind etc.

Just a thought :D:lol: :o

I do agree that a .22 rimfire has advantages in the effective range but this can also be a disadvantage if you shoot on small areas of land.

I own a Sako .22 rimfire, Theoben Rapid .22 FAC air rifle and an AA S410 12 ft.lb .177 air rifle and a shot gun.

They are all used for different situations and they are all the perfect tool for the job.

All I will add is that if you don't want the hassle of an FAC then the AA S410 is a fantastic rifle and hard to beat, if you have suitable land to shoot on and are happy to get through the FAC process then PP is spot on as a .22 rim-fire is the perfect tool for long range rabbits.

Mark.

Jim don't know what position your in as regards to shooting grounds but I have gained more shooting because I shoot air rifles, my local golf courses love me.

By the way the air arms go for it I shoot s310 in .177 and I have shot tons of bunnies with it. Its a great gun.

Regards

Leon

Mark your local force must be more friendly than mine our local FLO laughed when I asked about my rimfire on the golf course. And a shotgun would be out of the question to many houses even for my hushpower one, I gained them due to the fact I would only use an air rifle.

Leon

Horses for courses, Ive used some of the best pcp,s then advanced to .22 rimfire, but then went back to pcp,s for the sheer efficiency and quietness that they give. Dont get me wrong, no pcp can equal the power of a rimfire, but for simple effective rabbit and pigeon controll at reasonable ranges, the s410 does the business, and definitely worth the effort of acquiring an fac for use at around 20 ft lbs, which in my opinion is around the ideal power range for any pcp.

As brooktrout said horses for courses,I had a AA410 carbine and found it really great and it gave me 90 shots in .22 at full power,I then got my Fac and got a Cz452 Style and got it worked on but then I needed something to shoot squirrels and you cant do that safely with a rimfire especially up trees so I got me a Fac Rapid Mk1 and it gives 50 shots at 30ftlbs and the Rapid is easily taken apart at home,but then that is also a little powerfull around barns and will probably lead to me putting a hole in a roof so I went and got a Air Arms Prosport in .22 which is at 11.5ftlbs.I find now I have a rifle that will safely do all my requirements,you need to ask yourself what purpose the rifle will mainly serve and get something that suits you aswell.The Air arms springers can be uprated aswell quite easily (for about £35 you can get 18ftlbs) if you were to get a Fac in future and if you are thinking of getting your licence in the future I would recommend a Theoben Rapid in .22 as this can be easily uprated at home with a few vital pieces or for a set charge at the factory aslong as your local registered firearms dealer done the paperwork for you.With a standard Rapid 16" barrel you can go from 12ftlbs up to around 26ftlbs with a decent power curve using Bisley magnums.There are some great secondhand Rapids out there for the same price as a new AA410.

Take a look at this site for some more info and sales in the uk

Airgun BBS

clanchief