.177 aa field domes vs jsb domes

Salop Matt

As above, my MK4 Daystate loves both equally and both are easy for me to get hold of so why should i choose the one over the other ?

Ive used AA for a few years happily but am currious about the JSB compettitor !

Does anyone know which is the softer lead? (ie. more likely to deform and disserpate energy into the quarry)

ATB

Matt

Ive got the two types right here in 4.51, jsb exact diablo (white/red tin) and aa diablo field (new black/yellow tin) and although they are supposed to be the same pellet there are very slight differences in colour and shape. I would definitively say the exact is softer lead, I can crush the skirt flat with my fingers but not the aa that feels harder. In my lightning XL I also get slightly more gentle recoil with the exact. Last time I bought them the exact were slightly cheaper off ebay probably just because aa are the more premium name.

I prefer the Exact :)

Ive got the two types right here in 4.51, jsb exact diablo (white/red tin) and aa diablo field (new black/yellow tin) and although they are supposed to be the same pellet there are very slight differences in colour and shape. I would definitively say the exact is softer lead, I can crush the skirt flat with my fingers but not the aa that feels harder. In my lightning XL I also get slightly more gentle recoil with the exact. Last time I bought them the exact were slightly cheaper off ebay probably just because aa are the more premium name.

I prefer the Exact :)

My understanding is its all to do with different batch runs and different dies. If you examine lots of different batches of AA's you will find some are exactly the same as the jsb's and vice versa. I aslo belive the jsb's have some sort of sorting over the AA's for a more consistant pellet.

Edited by turbo33

jsb exact and aa fields are similar, but not the same pellet.

air arms no longer pay jsb's asking price, but tell jsb what they are willing to pay, so the pellets are made to that price. i used the old aa fields for about 5 years with no problems, but found the "new" pellets weren't as good in my s400. switched to jsb exact 18 months ago.

i cant see jsb putting someone elses name on their best pellets. all pellets, no matter who makes them or how well made they are wont suit every barrel.

I used to use both AA and JSB exacts !

But now i'm using RWS super Field .177 , i find these equally as good and a lot cheeper.

My John Bowkett Bluprinted Bsa R10 just loves them.

1 tin £6.50

10 tins £50 @ swillington shooting supplies .... WOW

I used to use both AA and JSB exacts !

But now i'm using RWS super Field .177 , i find these equally as good and a lot cheeper.

My John Bowkett Bluprinted Bsa R10 just loves them.

1 tin £6.50

10 tins £50 @ swillington shooting supplies .... WOW

www.airgunpellet.co.uk £5.77 a tin and have them in 4.51 mm and 4.52 mm. :w00t:

You can`t go wrong with them they are so accurate in all my guns. :shout:

My BSA Super 10 .177 loves them or Superdomes. :good:

My Logun solo .177 loves them or Superdomes and that barrel is a bit pellet fussy. :hmm:

My Daystate Huntsman FTR .177 is just amazing with them pellet on pellet at 30 yds. :yahoo:

I have seven .22 Rifles and they all work well with RWS Superdomes or Superfields. :D

Happy :shoot::shoot::shoot:

www.airgunpellet.co.uk £5.77 a tin and have them in 4.51 mm and 4.52 mm. :w00t:

You can`t go wrong with them they are so accurate in all my guns. :shout:

My BSA Super 10 .177 loves them or Superdomes. :good:

My Logun solo .177 loves them or Superdomes and that barrel is a bit pellet fussy. :hmm:

My Daystate Huntsman FTR .177 is just amazing with them pellet on pellet at 30 yds. :yahoo:

I have seven .22 Rifles and they all work well with RWS Superdomes or Superfields. :D

Happy :shoot::shoot::shoot:

HI i've not tried the superdomes yet but the superfields are fantastic in both my JB'd .177 Ultra and R10 !

And wow they are so much cheaper than all the rest.

I only go Hunting ,and find these pellets bloody fantastic , but the rabbits n pigeon don't like em one bit .