worse car driven

washerboy

A 20 year or so old Wartbug Knight I've put a picture up because most of you will not have heard of them. I had no choice in the matter because I had just started work at a plant hire company as a mobile fitter - and newbies drove that end of. I used to try and park it out of sight at the clients for obvious reasons.

http://chrisoncars.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/wartburg1-1024x614.jpg

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My worst ever car was a FSO Polonez , some iron curtain job that my dad gave to me after i passed my test, It was so bad it made my previous car a reliant robin feel like a luxury car, Still gives me the shivers even after 20 years ago i scrapped it.

Vulture

I have had some truly horrible hire cars. In no particular order: a vintage Holden (3 speed column change), Metro, Montego Estate, Vauxhall Insignia, a nasty brown Fiat estate and anything American in the medium/standard sedan category. I also hate it when I book a specific vehicle and they give you an "equivalent" which is anything but - once hired a Golf and was given a Skoda Estate. I have been pretty lucky with my own cars except my TD5 Discovery that generated garage bills to make my eyes water.

Nick

When i sold cars i had to test a fiat 127, i had to use the edge of my foot to work the pedals, it sounded like the motor in a concreate mixer and rattled like it was made of old buiscuit tins. I think i wrote on the appraisal "horrible" or words to the effect :lol:

Thats the worst i have ever driven, it could only be improved by not actually being a runner -then at least it couldn't be driven!

A 20 year or so old Wartbug Knight I've put a picture up because most of you will not have heard of them. I had no choice in the matter because I had just started work at a plant hire company as a mobile fitter - and newbies drove that end of. I used to try and park it out of sight at the clients for obvious reasons.

http://chrisoncars.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/wartburg1-1024x614.jpg

Oh, a classic. Only the eastern block could have consieved such a beast. Good for waking the neighbours i bet :D

The wife's Ford Galay 2.3 auto.

Slow, badly built, soulless and with a fuel consumption that would make a 1980's Range Rover blush.

Yes, in fact all so-called 'people carriers' are the most soulless, vile things, whatever practical value the people who convince themselves they need one claim they have.

Strictly a wife's car.

Edited by Thunderbird

stop start thingy, my car has that...i have got used to it and then you forget when driving a different car. :blush:

fingers crossed no major problems with my altea, boot lock was stuck and then rear wash pump went.

all covered by warrenty.

50-65 mph depending on how i drive it, could do with a bigger engine then its 1.6 td

not a fast one then.... :lol:

I have an Altea FR 2.0 diesel, lovely car, economical and pokey

:shaun:

For me the Renult 21 & 25, the 21 for what seamed to be the thinest metal the seats where made off. The drivers seat just broke off its mounting bolts, when I went to pick mine up after repair some one else came in reporting the same fault.

The 25 for constantly breaking down, got through 2 clutches and crank seals in as many weeks followed the wiper rack assy, and many other minor probs, glad to get rid of it.

Yes, in fact all so-called 'people carriers' are the most soulless, vile things, whatever practical value the people who convince themselves they need one claim they have.

Strictly a wife's car.

the only exception to this, was the vauxhall zafira GSI turbo, fuel economy was poor, but it was a very good ride indeed . i had one as a company car for 6 months... (didnt have kids at the time though!)

In my line of work (vehicle leasing) i get to drive many cars:-)

The worst to date.....

Wait for it.....

You won't believe this...

ASTON MARTIN V8 Vantage with semi auto gearbox.

The gearbox was the worst I've ever used, it felt like i was a learner driver

Gear changes were shocking and slow to react.

Never never never take the semi auto box for the Vantage.

However, the best car was the Aston Martin V12 Virage, withthe touch tronic autobox, which was silky smooth, and the car is amazing!

Four thousand years ago man knew that to make a wheel round was the way forward ... Austin in the 70's put a square steering wheel on the Allegro !! ... if it was such a good idea, why didn't they put four square tyres on the car as well :hmm:

Because the back weels would drop off even quicker then :lol: customers might not get off the forecourt ;)

Old style nissan micra. Very comfy but barely enough power to slip the clutch which was so light you couldn't tell what you were doing. Peugeot 207 wasn't great. Not much grunt and the gearbox felt like a bag of bolts being stirred with a plastic flimsy spoon.

Driven a few Land Rovers, and these of course are the best vehicles on the road so nothing more needs to be said and anyone who disagrees is an idiot. VW Golfs are nice too.