washerboy

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worst: Current 2010 Volvo V70 Diesel.

Absolute shocker.

Has all the gear, but is pooh.

Electronic handbrake is possessed by Satan and stays on when applied......

Drivers window possessed by Satan's brother- opens on it's own, usually on the motorway when it's honking down......

Central locking playing up.......

Annoying rattles everywhere.....

Apparently 'there's nothing wrong when we plugged it into the diagnostic machine'......wish I'd bought a Fiesta.

Toss up between:

2011 Renault Scenic - the least charismatic car I've ever driven. Looked like a hearse, almost forgot to breathe when I was driving it as it sapped any will to live:

Vauxhall Zafira: Vile in numerous ways, mostly handling (?) characteristics, build quality and driving position.

Father in Laws Morris Ital was horrendous -- We had a Yugo GLS with alloys and body kit - total heap of dog poo

I had a ride in first Allegro with square wheel - mate worked at Austin and tested cars -- Never jack one up from a corner - the windscreen pop's out.

Fiat Panda with twin sunroof. Rust bucket

One car that did impress me was a Daff 44 estate - at time I couldn't fault it. :good:

Dave

2008 model Vectra, centre console dug into my left knee at all times, indicators were evil and for a 1.9 TD it didn't pull nearly as well as it should have done. Also handled like a wet brick when thrown into a corner.

Only saving grace was good mpg over 200 miles of motorway.

Best 'reasonably' priced road car I've driven... BMW 320d M. Pulls like a train and seems to have endless grip. When driven normally it will return 55+ mpg too. The difference between the feel of the bimmer and that of a Ford/Renault/Vauxhall is very noticeable.

I did a track day on 4 silly money cars but for us mere mortals they aren't worth talking about...

Worst for me would have to be the 3cyl Mitsubishi Colt. They used to give me one as a courtesy car when my L200 was being serviced. It was the biggest heap of junk ever - even when thrashing the **** out of it you were lucky to get out of second gear on hills. As the little lad in the terminator movie said... "I could get out and run faster than this". :lol:

Best 'reasonably' priced road car I've driven... BMW 320d M. Pulls like a train and seems to have endless grip. When driven normally it will return 55+ mpg too. The difference between the feel of the bimmer and that of a Ford/Renault/Vauxhall is very noticeable.

for 6 months of the year :lol:

:shaun:

Vauxhall Cavalier and Vectra.

Changing gear felt like moving a stick of rhubarb in a bowl of custard.

Horrible cars.

My worst car ever was also one of the last of the Cavaliers. pedals not being centred for the driving position annoy me enough but vauxhall actually had the temerity to put the steering wheel (with reach and rake adjustment) off centre with the drivers seat which caused me back ache after 1.5 hours behind the wheel.

The vile thing got stolen and recovered because even the car theves where not impressed (thanks to the easy thief door design that allowed you bend open the top of the door) but the insurance company refused to write it off! :mad: