cocker spaniel trainning

find a local club near you, with a trainer you can get along with, then you can pick his brains over the phone about any queries with your pup.

don't get stresses with the pup any incidents or accidents are you fault for not being vigilent enough. and always take items from the pup with praise, call him into you and don't chase him to take items

a good book will put you right on the day to day stuff.

a crate is good for keeping both the house and the pup safe.

jan

My personal experience and highly reccomended view, is to google kipper ridge gundogs ( Adrian & Caroline Slater ) also you tube Adrian slater at crufts ( he did the gundog display last year )

Buy there DVD follow it to the letter and you will be more than happy with the initial puppy training!

But that's just me, I've watched other big names and I find this to be the best.

All the other guys are spot on...find someone who does it for a living or go to classes...........what i will say is make sure you choose your commands and how you whistle and pin it up on the fridge so EVERYONE children included are singing from the same hymn sheet its no good you saying "situp" and the missus saying "sssiitt".

Choose your whistle and recall style and use it at feeding times ...starting now

apart from that get someone to teach you better that me !!