another marvel of UK law

gixer1

On the radio this morning that a group of twenty vans towing twenty caravans have set up camp in the Aberdeen exhibition and conference centre (AECC) car park - they are going to try to move them on within a week and then the newsreader added - officialls commented that they will not be persuing the £3 per day parking charge that should be paid for this car park.... :blink:

Are they serious? :blink:

Winston churchill must be turning in his grave to know that we are too scared to ask ####'s to pay a parking charge for a car park they are inhabiting (read - "ruining") let alone move the parasites on!!

what a joke we have become in certain areas... :angry:

not only should they push the minkers out with bulldozers but they should impound all vehicles/tin tents until the charges are paid up to the date of eviction and it should be £3/van and an additional charge of £3 per tin tent as that is effectively two car spaces!

Regards,

Gixer

At the recent Horse fair I noticed many so-called gypsies carrying whips and what we call 'switches',which are long supple types of whips without flails.When I asked why are they allowed to carry these when not so long ago they were being confiscated(unless the person had a horse with them) as offensive weapons,I was told they are allowed to carry such things as it is part of their ethnic culture.

That's ok then. :good:

Makes me sick. A hoard of do as you likeys turned up at my university playing fields around 6am one morning. As a flag flying Daily Mail reader I swiftly began to foam at the mouth whilst my blood pressure peaked at a steady 900/450. Once I calmed down I emailed the council department responsible for such matters and they assured me the issue would be dealt with swiftly.

I chortled knowing full well these creatures would be stealing diesel and beating dogs for at least a month before they were moved on... However not 6 hours later Operation Overlord-esk numbers of police and council workers swooped on the site and had them off within the hour, how I don't know but the total turn around time from them landing to being booted was sub 12 hours!!

Bravo to Dorset Police and Bournemouth Council. The Jock Police should take a leaf out of their 'problem person' clearance book!

Having passed the site's and seen the tv programme's on them - I have to admit - It would be the kids i'd feel sorry for if "bulldozer" type action was taken - put a 3 year old wee boy or girl infront of a police officer or bulldozer and it must be difficult to keep the "just push them off" attitude...

Regards,

Gixer

Back in the 90,s An old mate of mine received a parking fine in the car park in Old Amersham for not getting a 50p ticket because he was running a bit late for work. A week later the ****** turned up, Tescos takings went down £200 a day people would not leave cars there and it took about 3 weeks to move them. Did his claim to get his fine refunded work? did it---- :no: