Shooting today

Mungler

Went out shooting today at Braintree with Martincavie and his mate Jamie.

Bloody nice chaps who weren't psychos or antis waiting to jump me (well actually they might have been but they just didn't get round to it). After all, on Crimewatch when someone leaves home saying "I am going to meet a friend I met on the internet" the sentence is then normally followed up with an e-fit and a tearful appeal to the general public.

Martin, thanks for the moonshine - once the missus pops I will let you know the results!

It was a pleasure to meet you and also shoot with you. And after all the hype I don't think the Thomson local was needed.

It was great to spend a saturday morning handling Munglers weapon, and let me say what a weapon it is. It is long and very pointable. But moves so effortless.

Enjoy the sloe gin and blackberry whiskey.

When the little one turns up wet it's head from all of us with it.

Cheers

Martin

And another thing for all those people who shot at Braintree on the PW meet, Mungler hit 2 of the battues from the tower.

So the kill ratio is now 2 from 120 shots, I think we need catamong to come and show us how to do it.

Cheers

Martin

And another thing for all those people who shot at Braintree on the PW meet, Mungler hit 2 of the battues from the tower.

So the kill ratio is now 2 from 120 shots, I think we need catamong to come and show us how to do it.

Cheers

Martin

I don't believe you Martin :lol:

LB

I take it Mung isn't telling you what he did differently then Martin?

How was the Blaser? have you smashed the piggy bank open or added one to your Christmas list?

Stuart,

He did tell us, he shot them as early as possible, I still couldn't seem to get on them quick enough.

The Blaser is a fantastic gun, it just seems to float through the air with no effort at all. I also shot better at DTL than I ever have done with it.

I am going to look at some on saturday and if I get the right deal on my Winchester, the piggy bank gets it!

Cheers

Martin

[quote name='martincavie' post='207948' date='Aug 22 2006, 07:31 AM']Stuart,

He did tell us, he shot them as early as possible, I still couldn't seem to get on them quick enough.

The Blaser is a fantastic gun, it just seems to float through the air with no effort at all. I also shot better at DTL than I ever have done with it.

I am going to look at some on saturday and if I get the right deal on my Winchester, the piggy bank gets it!

Cheers

Martin[/quote]

Martin,

Do try Essex Gun - they have plenty in stock and can get them at short notice whilst other dealers can't seem to get them at all - they also have bundles of other guns which you can (and will) pick up and try as part of the "am I really going to spend this much" process. Just stay away from the Perazzi's and only go out with the one credit card in your pocket.

Try all the Blasers - the bumpf says that they are all made the same, are all balanced the same and are all interchangeable etc. This is complete nonsense. I tried half a dozen and they were all completely different.

Andy

I am off to Essex Gun on saturday, the other half is working so I'm off to spend some cash.

I will try everything they have, and will definetly stay away from the Perazzi's. They just don't do it for me.

Cheers

Martin

To All,

Any person who can teach me (big stick may be required and a lot of patience) to hit THAT target at Braintree I am willing to part with (SOB SOB) Ale or even :P Scottish Fire Water :o . It has bugged me

no ends. Watched a lot of people and LB :) Try to hit it but :)

Any assistance or suggestions how to hit this most evil of targets greatly appreciated before I take drastic action and use a GPMG at the Bl**dy thing. HELP>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yours in desperation.

Now skint Brian spending lots trying to hit that little clay disc

I was going to get a Battue lesson booked with the pro at Braintree.

Whilst using "the force" works once in a while, I would like to try some hard science in understanding where and how to put the lead on the clay.

My other trick is saying repeatedly "Be the clay, na na ner, na na ner" (Caddyshack for all you Chevvy Chase fans).

I haven't seen it so I can't comment, but from what has been said on here it sounds very tough indeed.

The problem is as it gets hit less and shot at more it will gain (if it hasn't already) a sort of reputation that means mentally people approching it are already defeated. Sounds obvious, and is easy to say, but you need to find someone who can hit it regularly and find out what they are doing differently.

We were at a fairy tough shoot near us a couple of weeks ago and approached a nasty quartering bird from a high tower. We stood and watched people who up to that point had been shooting very well (better than us anyway!) who missed them all. As my mate entered the cage my said 'oh dear' or words to that effect! and the scorer said 'don't worry about it, the secret is to get well under it' which just didn't make sense. He did what he was going to do anyway and missed all 4. I missed the first 2 doing what every else had done, giving it masses of lead and touch underneath. I then thought I would try what she said, as doing what I thought would work, clearly wasn't. I halved the lead and shot about 2 foot under it and hit the last 2 - job done. If she hadn't said that I would have missed them all like most other people :)

I didn't think you could still buy them. It might be worth a go. Mind you Mungler has probably skived off work this week and shot a few hundred cartridges at it. :):)

If you ever feel the urge to come to sunny Essex let me know and I'll meet you there.

Cheers

Martin

PS might have a blaser by then.

Martin,

Just for the record, has mung got six fingers on either hand?

No Pavman, and so we are not related :lol:

Essex-tastic clay shoot - come on and bring it the Kent and Suffolk ladies.

Oh and Martin you were right - I am trying to skive tomorrow afternoon for a Battue lesson - chocka day tomorrow but I think I need to make the time.

Martin,

Just for the record, has mung got six fingers on either hand?

No Pavman, and so we are not related :lol:

Essex-tastic clay shoot - come on and bring it the Kent and Suffolk ladies.

Oh and Martin you were right - I am trying to skive tomorrow afternoon for a Battue lesson - chocka day tomorrow but I think I need to make the time.

Organise it then mungler and Kent will be there :lol:

LB