petrol/2 stroke strimmer.

Cranfield

Thanks for the good advice and I think I will go for a Stihl.

I have also recognised my problem through some of the suggestions.

My strimmer gets very heavy use for a few weeks , then sits doing nothing for a while.

I thinks its an "old fuel", or "oil/petrol separation" issue that is giving me the most problems.

Some home servicing, like draining off the fuel when I put it away for a while, may help.

Thanks for the good advice and I think I will go for a Stihl.

I have also recognised my problem through some of the suggestions.

My strimmer gets very heavy use for a few weeks , then sits doing nothing for a while.

I thinks its an "old fuel", or "oil/petrol separation" issue that is giving me the most problems.

Some home servicing, like draining off the fuel when I put it away for a while, may help.

Heck yes, old fuel left sitting aint good i run mine dry like you do with outboard motors.

im a arborist and know a thing or two about 2 stoke engine chainsaw strimmer all sorts right to clear things up most 2 stroke egines are 50:1 mix wich means 50 parts petrol to one part 2stroke oil all stihl are 50:1 mix all way have been i can show anyone the manuals for them if you are mixing 25:1 that 25 part petrol to one part two stroke oil wich means you ar putting double the amount of oil in the mis compared to 50:1 if you run 25:1 this will make the engine smoke its head off wich can gunk up the exhausts and the piston wich will trouble for you and the engine if you mix your mix to weak you can scorch the piston and sleave if rund for a long time can seize meaning the piston expands and weld/lodge is self in one place stihl have sliped quite a lot with there newer tools problems with carb's on the chainsaw oilers not working right even to bearing troubles but dont get me wroung there still one of the top end petrol tools out there back to what i would recomend for a good tool to by my personal choice is echo you being a d.i.y clased you will get 5 years warrenty with one other stuff i can recomend is oleo mac /efco there the same company stihl robin/subaru tankank/hitachi kawasaki honda any of these makes will se you many years of hard work if its for brambles and really thick stuff get a metal blade like i said echo are good a have a 33cc srm330 for ten years now never have laid a spanner to it and it get abused you can tell the bit the holds the nylon cord i can wear one of them out every year