Rabbit sausage

henry d

From the rabbits I shot earlier this week :-

SAVOURY

1 lb mince (50/50 pork belly and rabbit)

1 Finely chopped onion & 1 clove garlic(sweated and cooled)

1oz fine oatmeal

1 Tbsp Tarragon

salt and pepper to taste.

CATALAN

1 lb mince (50/50 pork belly and rabbit)

1 finely chopped shallot

1oz fine oatmeal

6 halfed sundried tomatoes

salt & pepper to taste

Mix and stuff into a casing of your choice

img0182fx3.jpg

Redish ones are the catalan ones(yes one of the cases split :lol: )

mmmmm , i've just had rabbit sausage with buttery mash for my tea , similar ingredients to yours h d but i also added a few boiled and chilled onions and a few spring onions , have you eaten the catalan yet ? as i was thinking about making something similar , oh and a word of advice from a sausage wrangler with almost two weeks experience , don't hold the skin as tight and you won't burst your sausage :friends::drinks:

, don't hold the skin as tight and you won't burst your sausage :friends::good:

It was the hog casing getting dry as we progressed which filled them more than I wanted and then I foolishly tried to link them :drinks:

Still the first time we tried it we had as much air as meat in the sausage :drinks::drinks::yahoo:

, don't hold the skin as tight and you won't burst your sausage :):D

It was the hog casing getting dry as we progressed which filled them more than I wanted and then I foolishly tried to link them :)

Still the first time we tried it we had as much air as meat in the sausage :P :o B)

when i'm making the sausage i keep a dish of water to dip my hands in and i've found a few drops on the hog casing helps as well . i've just made some venison sausage from a muntjack that i shot a few days ago , if it's half as nice as the venison caserole i've just eaten it'll be ok :)

i seem to have got the knack of making them fairly quickly, maybe i'm just used to handling a large sausage.

Top marks HD they look fantastic.

I am still looking for a sausage stuffer and grinder but have my eye on one as we speak :angry:

I wanna try chilli sausages with a mixture of different ingredients.

Pigeon and pork

Rabbit and beef etc etc

Your sausages are making my wish i already had the stuffer at least :drool:

LG

Are you sure you want H D to stay; have you read his signature line? Who knows who's in those sausages.

BTW - For those who didn`t know,the "d" at the end of Henry d is lower case because I took it from the last letter of my surname which is Todd.

The avatar is Great Uncle Hannibal :angry:

Are you sure you want H D to stay; have you read his signature line? Who knows who's in those sausages.

BTW - For those who didn`t know,the "d" at the end of Henry d is lower case because I took it from the last letter of my surname which is Todd.

The avatar is Great Uncle Hannibal :good:

Heee heee I knew that.. but then again I would.. I got cheques from you and know all!!! I am sooo wise... lol. OK but I wasnt going to say that!!!!

The sausages look great... yummmmm

I need a machine to make them now.. you started a trend you did Henryd lol!