revo shotgun

Sean100uk

I was in a dealers this week, he had ordered a batch of Revo O/U shotguns. After inspecting them he sent them back as the quality of the gun was very poor. True story :yes:

There was a test in Clay Shooting magazine. A trigger pull of nearly seven pounds in a gun weighing just over seven pounds in not very good.

A young shooter will find it difficult to pull the trigger just due to the weight of the trigger pulls. Anyone is far better off spending a bit more money on a decent gun. :good:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Me or my son have had no problems mentioned, fine pull, gun finished to a reasonable standard.

Surely the manufacturer inspects every gun and importer inspects every gun before posting to dealers? Or am I being a bit thick to expect something so simple to happen.

Only time I will believe 'hearsay' is when a RFD comes on here with photographic evidence, as the dealer I bought mine off said the exact opposite.

As I own 2 28bores, revo and browning cynergy as a comparison I would say.

Build

Revo 7/10. Browning 9/10

Quality

Revo 6/10. Browning 9/10

Finish

Revo 6/10. Browning 8/10

Point ability

Revo 9/10. Browning 9/10

Reliability

Revo 10/10. Browning 10/10. Although the revo is new and not had as many cartridges through

Price.

Revo (£425) 10/10. Browning (£1450) 5/10.

Last one sums it up really, impossible to compare like for like. Most negative comments come from people who have never seen one in the flesh, it's a bit like gay sex, don't knock it till you've tried it. (PS- I'm not knocking gay sex at all).

Edited by markm

Interesting thread for a "rimmy shooter" like myself who knows diddly about shotties.

BTW, AUDI/VW, SKODA??? I know a few people in the Motor trade who say that the SKODA is a better car than some of the AUDI/VWs. Something to do with AVG workers resting on their laurels whilst Skoda workers have a point to prove and a stigma to exorcise.

Anyway, I look forward to reading more on this brand of gun.

Peter. :)

ha ha, its amazing what goes around in the motor trade.

you'll find that alot of the cars are made in the same factories, and its the same workers putting the skodas together as well as the veedubs and the audi's.

the plus point for skoda is that all of the tech that goes into them is tried and tested stuff thats been in audi's for years, so vag know that it works.

its the same with seat. look at the new exeo, and then think of the 2006 audi a4.

same car.

i wouldnt say that skoda are better, infact, they are roughly 4 years behind audi all of the time. they just use stuff that they know works.

im not biased or anything, but you get to learn alot when working for audi.... lol.

i know this thread is on revo,lets all knock turkish cheap guns,i have a revo in 28g last time out i fired 4 carts and bagged 2 woodies,for the money i think theyre super value,if i sold my outlander and my revo i bet i would lose more money on the beretta than the revo,have just got back home after shooting with my new armsan a620s,got 1 crow 5 woodies i ferel,ist time out handles like a dream,super light,no recoil,and only £390 new,reviews say trigger pull is heavy,,,,never even noticed wether it was or not,now someone prove thats not good value,resale what does that matter for that price,i note that mosberg sell them as there own,an remmy spartens are made by baikel,,,the list is endless,

Had a play with one yesterday mate got it as a spare gun for wildfowling, was a 12bore 3 inch 26 inch barrel put 120 rounds of a steel reload that chronographs at around the 1530fps mark. The gun never missed a beat and with the factory chokes it managed these percentages which perhaps not earth shatering would get the job done on ducks and geese. I have seen worse out of the box standard choke performances from other guns in the past let me tell you.

40 YARDS Mod.
ST17.. 3" 1 1/4 oz #2 steel (152 pellets) / pattern 110 (72%)
ST17.. 3" 1 1/4 oz BB steel (85 pellets) / pattern 70 (82%)

50 YARDS Mod.
ST17.. 3" 1 1/4 oz #2 steel (152 pellets) / pattern 91 (60%)
ST17..3" 1 1/4 oz BB steel (85 pellets) / pattern 57 (67%)

50 YARDS Full
ST17..3" 1 1/4 oz #2 steel (152 pellets) / pattern 97 (64%)
ST17..3" 1 1/4 oz BB steel (85 pellets) / pattern 53 (62%)

Dont get sucked in on the brand..or compare autos to doubles. Unless you're a competitive shooter firing 100, 000 's of rounds is the average pigeon shooter gonna do this in a few years? Turks have made guns for years and as a comparison, the old ak47 is also cheap and nasty and poorly made in many countries and are still supremely reliable. A thousand pound gun wont neccesarily make you shoot better or be any less likely to develop a fault.

ha ha, its amazing what goes around in the motor trade.

you'll find that alot of the cars are made in the same factories, and its the same workers putting the skodas together as well as the veedubs and the audi's.

the plus point for skoda is that all of the tech that goes into them is tried and tested stuff thats been in audi's for years, so vag know that it works.

its the same with seat. look at the new exeo, and then think of the 2006 audi a4.

same car.

i wouldnt say that skoda are better, infact, they are roughly 4 years behind audi all of the time. they just use stuff that they know works.

im not biased or anything, but you get to learn alot when working for audi.... lol.

Don't start me on Audis! Piece of **** I've got!!!

On the gun front personally I'd buy a Browning or Beretta as, unless you've tried one and know which gun you like, I reckon you'll be changing your first gun within two years. :yes:

If I had to buy a "cheap" gun I would have a look at the Huglu range, a much better made gun than a REVO. Go to a dealer who stocks both makes and compare the fit and finish.

I actually bought a s/hand .410 O/U Huglu just for a bit of fun, it handles well and the trigger pulls are very good. For the money it's excellent value.

If you buy a new Huglu you have a three year warranty, a Revo has a 12 month warranty, which retailer has more confidence in the product?

Edited by BlaserF3

I cant understand this fascination with Baikal's,a mate has three of the things he just uses them for a mess about on the clays,i had a go the other week of one,the stock was far to short,to low, and the trigger pulls were horrendous i wanted to fill a hole in the fence with it but he has some odd loyalty to them dont mean to sound a snob but i could not give one house room even if it was free :no:

what if the gun fitted you perfectly, and you had the triggers tweaked, would that make a difference ?????? Edited by malantone

• 3 months later...

Hi all, just about to get my matrix back from sportsman guncentre after a problem with the trigger, the top part of the trigger which catches the hammer as it cycles chipped off, there was just enough of left to hold the hammer when manuelly loading the cartidges but would fire all three straight off when the trigger was pulled for the first shot :/ fully automatic shotgun!!, its been gone now 5 wks just had a call to say its back in,hopefully a warrenty job!, we shall see, anybody else had probs with theres, would be interested to know, i rekon i'd put about 400 through mine.

cheers TCC :good:

Edited by topcatcully

My Hat says BASC !

My REVO's are the Business ! Sold about Twenty

Not one has come back

Gave one to the Charity shoot "No Complaints there"

Ripped a "Gun magazine" journo apart the other day for writing a Rubbish review about Revo's and he'd Never even held one let alone seen one !!

The pump action is a Brilliant gun , Cycles ANYTHING !!! good build quality , gauranteed for a Year !

The Semi (for those that havnt seen held or Fired one) are Fantastic Quality for the money

ps Winchester SXP SX3 , Webley and Scott ,Benelli, Huglu, Beretta, Kahn, DeHann and Franchi,,,,,,,,,,,, ALL TURKISH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I challenge ANYBODY to a 250 bird day with one of my Revo's if it fails i'll pay for the cartridges And the clays !!!

IF it works Fine then You pay for the cartridges and the clays and i'll wash your mouth out with soap and water

And publicly Humilliate you and your Business

Get a grip !

Edited by wabbitbosher

My Hat says BASC !

Not one has come back

Ripped a "Gun magazine" journo apart the other day for writing a Rubbish review about Revo's and he'd Never even held one let alone seen one !!

The pump action is a Brilliant gun , Cycles ANYTHING !!! good build quality , gauranteed for a Year !

The Semi (for those that havnt seen held or Fired one) are Fantastic Quality for the money

ps Winchester SXP SX3 , Webley and Scott ,Benelli, Huglu, Beretta, Kahn, DeHann and Franchi,,,,,,,,,,,, ALL TURKISH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I challenge ANYBODY to a 250 bird day with one of my Revo's if it fails i'll pay for the cartridges And the clays !!!

IF it works Fine then You pay for the cartridges and the clays and i'll wash your mouth out with soap and water

Get a grip !

My Hat says BASC !

Not one has come back

Get a grip !

Well done Wabbitbosher.........very well said.

Bet you wont get many rising to the challenge.

Wow not one punter taking up Wabbitboshers offer all the know alls must av gone to beddiebyes....... lol

Nice offer as well.

My Hat says BASC !

Not one has come back

Get a grip !

I had Pointer 20g O/U for my grandaughter to use, fantastic little gun but she's not up to using it so I exchanged for a Yeoman and O/U .410.

I've used a Stoeger M2000 for years, great gun, simple and reliable.

I've just bought a brand new Turkish Webley & Scott 912DG 30". Smashing gun with a lovely Walnut stock.

I've never had a problem with Turkish guns.

I've never had a problem with Skoda's and I've never had a problem with Reliant 3-wheelers but loads of people, who've never actually driven or owned one, love to rubbish them.

I always value experience over opinion. ;)