revo shotgun

Sean100uk

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have just purchased a Revo 28g o/u multi choke with 30" barrels, and will soon have a 28g youth stock with 28" barrels.

I will be using this as a coaching gun, and in fact in had it's first outing today.

The pupils who used the gun, having used a single barrel 28G in the past with me, thought it was a nice gun and they liked it. It dos not matter to them whether or not is has a "label" or "better resale value" it is whether or not it shoots where they want it to shoot, which it did.

Today over 200 cartridges went through it with out problem. As you some of you have said time will tell.

Any way it went in the back of my "Steed" (which surprise surprise for some of you is still running trouble free), and is now about to have it's first clean (the gun not the truck).

No doubt very soon I will have broken down Truck and a knackered gun :lol: :lol: :lol: , watch this space I will keep you all up to date.

Terry

Edited by bakerboy

Are Turkish CNC machines any worse than those in Italy or Belgium ? I know the wood is good over there and the labour is less. If I was buying a 28 bore or the likes for rough stuff something of this type might float my boat and it would take me a while to get through a slab of shells on the other hand if I was after a 12g I should just buy s/h £100 will get a tidy yet functional cheapy

I cant understand this fascination with baikals,a mate has three of the things he just uses them for a mess about on the clays,i had a go the other week of one,the stock was far to short,to low, and the trigger pulls were horrendous i wanted to fill a hole in the fence with it but he has some odd loyalty to them dont mean to sound a snob but i could not give one house room even if it was free :no:

I cant understand this fascination with baikals,a mate has three of the things he just uses them for a mess about on the clays,i had a go the other week of one,the stock was far to short,to low, and the trigger pulls were horrendous i wanted to fill a hole in the fence with it but he has some odd loyalty to them dont mean to sound a snob but i could not give one house room even if it was free :no:

The answer is does he hit the target :hmm: and if he is missing would he miss with a Berretta or Browning :hmm:, it is the shooter that breaks the target not the gun :yes: , the gun only goes where it is pointed :oops: .

If a Berretta does not fit, and a Baikal does not fit the result is the same.

In most cases guns can be made to fit.

And yes I know a little about gun fit.

Anyway the thread has now gone away from the original question which was about REVO shotguns

Yes your right,i just have a downer on baikels,my mate loves his,and to be fair he can hit most stuff with them,happy shooting :good:

Well I got my son a revo 28g o/u n/e for Christmas and I can't complain ! Yeah it's not dt10 etc but its perfect for a 10 year old to use without fearing it gets "scratched" the wood work is as good as any other and better than my rizzini ...

If you want to spend a fortune on a gun that's going to fire the same cart as this revo go for it .... But why ? If he misses with this he would miss with a top priced gun too??

My son is more than happy with his .. If anyone has been wanting one I often go to spennymoor clay club if you wanted a try !

I need to shorten the stock as its a bit too long for him at minute

M1

Edited by mad1

when you looked at the 28g did you try/look at 20g by any chance terry

I already have a 20g so did not go that route.

I need a variety of smaller gauge guns for ladies, people of smaller build and youngsters.

I have 9mm-.410-28g-20g 12g and semi's to try and cater for all eventualities.

I have 410 and 28 in single and O/U they are well used by the youngster, the shooters of tomorrow.

If you would like to look/try a REVO 20g I am sure I could arrange it for you. And just in case anyone things I am an agent for REVO, I am not.

Yes your right,i just have a downer on baikels,my mate loves his,and to be fair he can hit most stuff with them,happy shooting :good:

Great reply thankyou

I bought the Revo 20g version from Sportsman Guncentre in October and the trigger is too heavy although the fit/finish makes up a lot for the this. Sadly mine has been discharging through both barrels and I duly returned it in December '12. On receipt last month the same problem persists. And I'm on a promise they'll replace the gun. I'll keep readers posted.

• 2 weeks later...

You'll probably find the Revo is made in the same factory as the KHAN/ARTHEMIS shotguns. Does the Arthemis Onyx/Khan K226 look suspiciously like the Revo Onyx :whistling:

same for the Khan Premiun setter is the Revo game gun. As previously stated earlier, you can view this on the youtube Khan catalogue video. Each to there own, I personally shoot a Hatsan Optima B12 and love the thing

I've been looking at one for my son, £400 for the gun, 5 chokes and a ABS case, it's never going to be a beretta or finished like one.

But for the money an absolute steal......

When you take into account, factory profit, import, proofing, tax, importer profit, shop profit, I don't know how they do it, but also how much we are being robbed off the 2 main UK shotgun brands.

I've been looking at one for my son, £400 for the gun, 5 chokes and a ABS case, it's never going to be a beretta or finished like one.

But for the money an absolute steal......

When you take into account, factory profit, import, proofing, tax, importer profit, shop profit, I don't know how they do it, but also how much we are being robbed off the 2 main UK shotgun brands.

Or your buying a £50 gun..... Yep that's about right once you take vat, dealer margin, proof costs ( turkey not CIP ), transport, packaging, manufacturer margin etc........price and value are very different as long as you are happy that's the main thing.

I will be very happy.

I need to have the stock cut down as my son is only 11. I would begrudge doing that on a 28g browning/ miroku etc and how much would it effect the resale value? £400 minimum? Or buy another stock, similar price.

Do I on a £400 gun? Not in the slightest. Resale value? £250 in 5 years time? Who cares, it's near on disposable.

TBH I look at CZ rifles in the same light, never going to be a sako, agricultural and cheap (or used to be).

Right then, off to get ready cos I'm off to Las Vegas! Woohoo.

anyone know anything about the revo shotgun thinking of getting a new one as my first gun

Sean.

Very good article by Mark Stone in this months ...Gun Mart. He used it in 50 bird clay shoot competition ....His score was in the 40s ...He then took it out into the fields said it performed brilliantly ... High Duck ... Woodies ... tree rats... Wondered why people pay more than twice as much for named guns.

• 2 months later...

I recently bought my first 2 guns after being granted my sgc . I don't really know a huge amount about shotguns at this point and I have a lot to learn. A good friend of mine offered to sell me a baikal sxs 12g for peanuts. I got this gun and so far I'm happy with it, it's light and points and shoots quite nicely. It also seems easy to strip and clean. The other gun I got was a Turkish gun, a stoeger 2000 .

I read reviews about Turkish guns either being pants or very good. I have put quite a few rounds through it and it hasn't failed to feed or jammed once, so I'm quite happy with it.

Looking at the advert in the basic mag it looks almost identical to the revo matrix and it also uses a recoil system.

Both are budget guns and both perform perfectly.

Vw make skodas as well as audis . Benelli make stoegers.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting thread for a "rimmy shooter" like myself who knows diddly about shotties.

BTW, AUDI/VW, SKODA??? I know a few people in the Motor trade who say that the SKODA is a better car than some of the AUDI/VWs. Something to do with AVG workers resting on their laurels whilst Skoda workers have a point to prove and a stigma to exorcise.

Anyway, I look forward to reading more on this brand of gun.

Peter. :)

I'll be stocking some of the REVO shotguns.

They will be in stock later next week.

I'll post on here when they arrive.

I've had to delay dispatch due to technical issues with getting the Guntrader software to load and work, hopefully Monday will see the job complete.

webber