revo shotgun

Sean100uk

I too had a stoeger which I bought here after using them in new Zealand. From the info I got there in NZ they were made by a turkish company called vursan who used benelli's inertia system with a rotating locking bolt. A benelli led lawsuit ensued due to patent infringement and supposedly, benelli were impressed with the engineering of the copy they subsequently acquired the company. They now produce the Stoeger M3000 sold in large numbers in the USA on the same inertia system now legally under licence since owned, operated by benelli whom are owned along with franchi by beretta I believe.

So with such extensive and modern CNC manufacturing facilities in Turkey is it hard to accept many parts originate there including very well made barrels. No doubt finishing and quality control take place in Italy and dare I say ,'made in italy' stamping takes place. There is certainly the odd case of a happy beretta owner here in the UK finding the 'Made in Turkey' stamp on their Beretta auto barrels. If the Turks use the specified grade of steel, machined and treated to Beretta's specs using Beretta's tooling at a lower cost, whats the problem?

The potential Beretta, Benelli, Franchi customer still gets the gun he/she wants for a reasonable price and

P. Beretta have a juicier profit margin. Thats modern global business at its best.

Then again, the Stoeger customer gets the same gun at half the price, albeit with a little less polishing and a few more rough edges.

I own Hatsans, a couple of Czech CZ's , a Browning and a Krieghoff.

Apologies for waffling on but the Turkish stuff has been great for me, and if they fit your budget and more importantly fit you, go for it. They all have decent warranty/guarantee packages like top brands and better/longer terms in some cases. What have you got to lose?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I read on another site that they're made by a company called KHAN blink.gif

They're Turkish so you can make your own mind up on that one.

I'd be inclined to do what Gordon says and look for a decent 2nd hand gun from a more reputable manufacturer.

Kebab barrels and turkish delight chokes .

Harnser.

• 3 months later...

i had a pointer which i bought from sportman in exeter, after only a couple thousand rounds through it the only good thing the gun was usefull for was holding me car boot door open!!! have since got rid or the waste of time gun and now have a beretta ultralight. i dont think the pointers are imported any longer which is good!!! mine was nothing but a piece of junk.

save ya money get a gun from a popular known brand . . . .im so glad i did!!!