turbo flapper yes or no

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

like i said me dad bought one of the aa decoy flappers, and i have the turbo flapper, i looked at them both side by side in my hands and they are not built and just look different and the same as browning said the ground spike, and arms are thinner metal,and they bend out of shape easily.

do me a favour kdubya and put a pic up if you would just to have a look

will do would be interesting to see one "side by side" mine looks no different from the rotorcoy sites pic, have used mine a fair bit and it works very well, I also have three "conventional" flappers so do know the difference in speed, and believe me if your turbo does go faster than mine its just about taking off :lol:

KW

like i said me dad bought one of the aa decoy flappers, and i have the turbo flapper, i looked at them both side by side in my hands and they are not built and just look different and the same as browning said the ground spike, and arms are thinner metal,and they bend out of shape easily.

do me a favour kdubya and put a pic up if you would just to have a look

will do would be interesting to see one "side by side" mine looks no different from the rotorcoy sites pic, have used mine a fair bit and it works very well, I also have three "conventional" flappers so do know the difference in speed, and believe me if your turbo does go faster than mine its just about taking off :lol:

pic now added the "raggy bits" on the top are feathers from use oh and the red tape is mine I added that as others said the terminal connections can break if not taped to prevent movement ( do a search) DSC_0009.jpg

KW

Edited by kdubya

pic now added the "raggy bits" on the top are feathers from use oh and the red tape is mine I added that as others said the terminal connections can break if not taped to prevent movement ( do a search) DSC_0009.jpg

KW

they are very similar, but mine didn,t come with red tape on it :lol:

it is sligthly different looks just like me old fellas, his is coated with black paint same as yours rather the green powder coat on the turbo flapper, but they both work and thats all that matters :good:

Don't AA Decoy flappers have this branding on?

yes mine has that on as well, maybe they are a Chinese copy of the rotorcoy job still @ 30quid cheaper its worth a shout and so far its not let me down, mind you this sodding weather is keeping its use to a minimum, as its only been used on the crows recently

KW

yes mine has that on as well, maybe they are a Chinese copy of the rotorcoy job still @ 30quid cheaper its worth a shout and so far its not let me down, mind you this sodding weather is keeping its use to a minimum, as its only been used on the crows recently

KW

so they ent all made by rotorcoy then?? as you stated earier in this thread?? :D my a1 turbo [that flapps faster, n beta made] had a made in england sticker on it :lol:

so they ent all made by rotorcoy then?? as you stated earier in this thread?? :D my a1 turbo [that flapps faster, n beta made] had a made in england sticker on it :lol:

that was my point they are made by different companys, look similar work similar, but the turbo is better made,ground spike is stronger, locking nuts are different and an original not a copy, but as i said they both work but one will last longer than the other

post-21887-0-63368200-1341952082.jpg

Edited by yickdaz

that was my point they are made by different companys, look similar work similar, but the turbo is better made, and an original not a copy, but as i said they both work but one will last longer than the other

looking at that pic it looks the exact same unit even the studs on the bottom are the same addmitedly the ground spike has the aa logo on but that could have been requested, still I suppose the only way truly to find out is if rotacoy say they supply both units, and to me it certainly looks like they do.

KW

Edited by kdubya

that was my point they are made by different companys, look similar work similar, but the turbo is better made,ground spike is stronger, locking nuts are different and an original not a copy, but as i said they both work but one will last longer than the other

youve only gota look at the photos to see which is the beeter quailty , end of the day cheap tak is cheap for a reason, :good:

looking at that pic it looks the exact same unit even the studs on the bottom are the same addmitedly the ground spike has the aa logo on but that could have been requested, still I suppose the only way truly to find out is if rotacoy say they supply both units, and to me it certainly looks like they do.

KW

you need to make your mind up, you just said yours is made in china?? i got both and a1 has made in england on it??

KW

you only have to compare pics to see which one looks more sturdy than the other, the arms on me dads are bent the ground spike is bent i couldn,t get it into partially frozen ground last winter on the rape so used mine instead that went in :yes:

youve only gota look at the photos to see which is the beeter quailty , end of the day cheap tak is cheap for a reason, :good:

you need to make your mind up, you just said yours is made in china?? i got both and a1 has made in england on it??

problem is I cant make my mind up there is no difference apart from the ground spike unless you want a metallurgy test on the arms, oh and as for the speed a1 state it does 300 beats per min, if you go on aa site you can time the vid there it does as best as I could get with a stop watch 300 a min? so dont think its slower :no:

KW

Edited by kdubya

you only have to compare pics to see which one looks more sturdy than the other, the arms on me dads are bent the ground spike is bent i couldn,t get it into partially frozen ground last winter on the rape so used mine instead that went in :yes:

my ground spike n rod bend on 1st outing trying to get it into tram line, i tossed it over the hedge :lol: and made a sturdier 1 out of 'propper' steel :good:

problem is I cant make my mind up there is no difference apart from the ground spike unless you want a metallurgy test on the arms, oh and as for the speed a1 state it does 300 beats per min, if you go on aa site you can time the vid there it does as best as I could get with a stop watch 300 a min? so dont think its slower :no:

KW

well mate all i can surrgest is that you buy an a1 flapper and set thenm both up side, by side, then you will see the difference :good: if you got tin 5p beans , and tin of 90p tin beans in identical tins which would taste better??

the A1 is faster trust me had both out at same time took the timers off and compared them, and it was obvious which one was faster

arrgh you might be convincing me to get one!!!

KW