Unexpected things in a trap

malkiserow

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't get much like that. All we've ever had is a blackbird in a rabbit trap, a finch in a larsen trap, a young rabbit in a fenn trap for squirrels, a jay in a squirrel cage trap, and a few pheasants in squirrel cage traps.

I know Jays take eggs like magpies, but I released it because we don't have that many.

• 4 weeks later...

Larsen oddities Fox cub, rat. hedgehog.cat.tawny owl, goose (domestic) pheasants, partridge.

Fenn trap oddities. Field mice, slugs, magpie(rabbit Fenn down burrow) 2 stoats in same trap, 2 mink in same trap Pine marten, alive.

Long Net- Cat, hedgehog, nightjar, Red Stag. Bin job. That was a fun night.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A ginger kitten in a larsen, completely mystified how it got in because the trap was in storage at the time and had no visible entry points. It was about 4 weeks old so i grabbed it and took it home :good: not really the 'pet' of choice in this game and he still is marginally wild and lives in the shed, however he does an excellent job around my poultry keeping the vermin at bay :good:

A wild boar in a trap intended for fox, baited with the leg of another boar. Wrecked the trap with it's thrashing but tasted good :innocent:

Buzzard stuck in pen fencing, now that was a nightmare..."fetch your gloves mate" "errrrrr fetch your own, i'm not going near it" :lol:

There's probably more.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...