All change at Worsley (MCSC)

Penfolio

I was behind the booking in desk all whilst entries were open (approx 9.30 - 1pm) and everyone booking in as members,bar none, was informed of the implications of having the registered shoot on at MCSC today.

Out of interest, when you queued up for each stand did you hand your score cards into the ref when you arrived, or did you assume that once those present had shot it would be your turn to shoot? :hmm:

Just to add my tuppeneth, I booked in as a member for members comp and no one told me about any implications of shooting alongside a registered shoot, I'll get my coat......... :good:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to add my tuppeneth, I booked in as a member for members comp and no one told me about any implications of shooting alongside a registered shoot, I'll get my coat......... :good:

In my opinion, there aren't any "implications" of shooting alongside a registered shoot, other than the targets are worth shooting at for once, instead of the usual **** easy club targets. :rolleyes:

And another thing. If I'd paid money to shoot at a ground it would take more than an awkward ref to stop me shooting it :sly:

I'm new to the sport and a member at worsley , was planning on going to have a practice today but after the heads up on this forum and checking the website of mcsc and seeing that there would be a lot there today I decided to leave it , don't need an email sending to me. Have never been pushed out of the way as a comp on but do feel a hindrance sometimes when holding people up . The problem with worsley is they try to please everybody and end up upsetting people , wouldn't be a problem if it was reflected in the pricing but it isn't , do feel Phil moss was making good progress with the place , hope it continues without him or I will bail too

In my opinion, there aren't any "implications" of shooting alongside a registered shoot, other than the targets are worth shooting at for once, instead of the usual **** easy club targets. :rolleyes:

And another thing. If I'd paid money to shoot at a ground it would take more than an awkward ref to stop me shooting it :sly

[To be honest the course today was the easiest its been for months, that wasn't the issue.

you are going off on a tangent to the original thread. The two comps don't mix.

sounds like your trying to draw people into a slanging match. ]

It's such a pity when things like this happen,As a novice or newby shooter they probably don't realise that as soon as you get to a stand, you must hand your card in after the ref has finished marking the present shooters card, the poor ref gets it in the neck as the newby doesn't realise that the ref has umpteen jobs to do, listen for the call, press the buttons, make sure it isn't a no bird, mark the card, fill in the master sheet, check for safety glasses, ear plugs, etc he probably doesn't know how many people are stood behind him.It's abit of a thankless task being a ref.My take on this situation is that i hope the newby and novice shooters today took it upon themselves to use their time at Worsley wisely, present today were a stack of past and present masters and loads of free inspiration could have been had by just watching some of them. Always turn a negative into a positive.... from Auntie. :good:

You've got to feel sorry for Worsley today,they were in a catch 22 situation trying to keep everyone happy :yes:

I think Newby perhaps created his/her own problems in part by not understanding the card handing in procedure on arrival at the stands and neither I or anyone I shoot with would push any club members to one side like some second class citizen :hmm:

If a new shooter asked to tag along with me to show them the ropes for the first few stands I would have no real problem with that at all if it set someone off on the right track :good:

As for the shoot today I think Worsley did a good job with some good targets that shot harder than it looked,it would be nice if they got back to the days of one registered a month, as i'm sure they'd be well supported :good: :good:

Azzurri

The 2 comps can run together very well, both 100 bird shoots on the same stands, the only difference is the ref does not need to write on the master sheet for the members comp.

The only issue would be members wanting to have a muck about, 10 of the same bird or a couple extra to find the one they missed for example. The referees were letting people shoot without a card but just giving them the same 4 or 5 pairs as everyone else.

As far as being an easier shoot the members comp results posted on the board when I left paint a different picture, last one I shot I was in the high 80’s this one I was nowhere near that.

I think for one bad experience it’s a bit silly to cut your nose off to spite your face, there are not may grounds that can compete with Worsley for just an informal turn up and shoot in the North West, all the good ones also hold a registered shoot so you will have the same issues at those as well.

I wonder if Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Club have this problem during Wimbledon fortnight, with their members crying and spitting their dummies out because they can't **** about on Centre Court when they fancy a bash about :lol:

I expect they have more experience with competition pre madonnas spitting their dummies out and unable to maintain focus at the mere hint of a cup of tea. I mean, good grief :lol:

I didn't enter the members comp or the registered shoot. Still managed to get round a few stands, minimal waiting and enjoyed my shooting (even if the targets were a little boring and samey). :rolleyes:

Edited by Siberian Tiger

I wonder if Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Club have this problem during Wimbledon fortnight, with their members crying and spitting their dummies out because they can't **** about on Centre Court when they fancy a bash about :lol:

[Actually although you are trying to be wierdly funny.

The organisers keep different comps apart so all the people involved know what is happening.

Your stupid comparison is right, :good: ]

Keep trying and you may swoop back onto the original issue :good:

Edited by newby1

Would it help if the Newby went back to the ground and had a word with Nickyt.

Nicky as we all know is knowledgable and user friendly.

All clubs should look and listen to complaints such as this and turn them into positives.

A lot of the time the "complaint" comes from inexperiance, and as we want to encourage people into the sport, and clubs want to increase membership, to my mind this would be the way forward.

Apologies for being a Southerner interfering in a Northern Club :lol:

Both Newby1 and his shooting friend came to the desk around lunchtime to politely request that their memberships were refunded. Apologies Newby1 as i don't know if it was you who came up first or your friend an hour or so later, but whomever came first didn't want to discuss anything stating it "wasn't worth talking about". I'm guessing that the disappointment in not being able to shoot as expected yesterday was still a little bit too raw at that stage, which is completely understandable.

Now that we're in the morning after, maybe you have a slightly different perspective on things. If I can be of any assistance let me know :yes:

Nick

I've not shot comps for very long (just over 12 months)and this was I think, only the second registered I've shot at Worsley :hmm: . It took me a while to get into to shooting, partly through not knowing what to do, and partly through not wanting to make a total cock of myself :oops: . I think I'd have jumped at that chance of wandering around my local ground, shooting the comp targets, with a ref buttoning for you and calling your score, without actually being in the comp :good: . watching the regualar shooters teaches you a great deal about how you should conduct yourself, what to expect from the targets and what the ref is there for. To be able to shoot the registered course as the members comp is an excellent way of bringing you on, and forging a path into full registered shoots :yes: .

You can wander around your local ground getting decent scores shooting essentially the same tagets month in month out, however the only real way to gauge yourself and improve is to shoot the registered's as often as possible. I appreciate shooting in comps is a bit "Marmite", so having the opportunity to shoot a comp course in a casual way should be grasped with both hands, and like Auntie says, watch and learn. I have and I now know how to avoid handing in my card, shouting Bellend at the top of my voice and now how to storm off a stand half way through my turn :D . All things I didn't know before

I've not shot comps for very long (just over 12 months)and this was I think, only the second registered I've shot at Worsley :hmm: . It took me a while to get into to shooting, partly through not knowing what to do, and partly through not wanting to make a total cock of myself :oops: .

You failed big time on that score

*regular

*targets

I have and I now know how to avoid handing in my card, shouting Bellend at the top of my voice and now how to storm off a stand half way through my turn :D . All things I didn't know before

Scones don’t eat themselves you know and we have so much more to teach you as well. :good:

I dont often get involved with these types of issues as i dont shoot comps anymore (one because of impracticality of location and the other because i was distinctly average :lol: ). However, I think that there have been some crossed wires here.

Azzurri and Auntie have both given reasoned responses which have been ignored by Newby who has opted to take Chard on in a bitch slapping fight - one which will just get him annoyed all the more in my humble opinion :whistling::lol:

All of you "seasoned" comp shooters should accept that not everybody is au fait with etiquette etc of when a registered shoot is on at there club so Newby probabaly doesn't realise that these will always take preefernce due to their "importance" on a national ratings level - its probably not totally fair to give him some of the grief he has gotten.

Newby1 - we all mess up - given that as stated on here that Worsley only has 1 or 2 reg comps a year that is not enough inconvenience to spit the dummy - you were very well accommodated by the club from what i have read. I think you have to accept that you have left, what seems a very well run club - something which we are lacking this far North without a 2-1/2 hr drive (for me). Most of the guys here have tried to inform you of why the Reg shoots take precedence, most of which you have ignored. Was it a pain - well probably for you never having come across it before but its not the end of the world is it.

Most of all we should all be :friends: and not get naffed off when someone doesn't agree with us. And if anybody disagrees with this response from a total neutral then they can bu***r off :lol:

***** up a rope

*sod off

By the way you left your handbag behind during your hissy fit :P

It's a manbag thank you very much........ :sly:<_<

Does that include Arithmatic Sums and Spelling

:shaun:

We have traced the problem on Al’s adding up, he is from Rotherham and has 6 fingers on each hand hence he has trouble with the decimal system......

To get back on topic, I wrote in a similar thread that MCSC is a victim of its own success, they will never please both sets of shooters. They have in the past stopped members shooting registered shoots and members were up in arms about not being able to shoot, they then allowed members free roam & the registered shooters were up in arms, what they did on Sunday seemed the best compromise.

The only complaint I can see Newby1 has is a slight lack of communication from MCSC about the protocol, considering the recent upheaval in staff and this being the first registered held there for a while it’s not surprising there were a few teething issues. I saw quite a few non registered shooting with no issues so maybe he was just unlucky.

It's a manbag thank you very much........ :sly:<_<

We have traced the problem on Al’s adding up, he is from Rotherham and has 6 fingers on each hand hence he has trouble with the decimal system......

To get back on topic, I wrote in a similar thread that MCSC is a victim of its own success, they will never please both sets of shooters. They have in the past stopped members shooting registered shoots and members were up in arms about not being able to shoot, they then allowed members free roam & the registered shooters were up in arms, what they did on Sunday seemed the best compromise.

The only complaint I can see Newby1 has is a slight lack of communication from MCSC about the protocol, considering the recent upheaval in staff and this being the first registered held there for a while it’s not surprising there were a few teething issues. I saw quite a few non registered shooting with no issues so maybe he was just unlucky.

At last some common sense spoken ,

isn't it amusing how a small issue that probably could bring about some positive change, gets drawn into nonsense off topic by a narrow minority. :good: