Harvest

ttab

I do a fair bit of shooting in North Kent and the crops there are nowhere near ready. The barley and wheat are still very green and the rape is, i think flat, is the best way to describe it - Hasn't got any legs this year.

Can't see my lot getting the tractors out any time soon.

I saw a couple of rape fields being sprayed off this morning and I know of at least one barley field that will be harvested in the next 10 days, weather permitting.

Half of "my" vining peas have been harvested in the last week.

Most of the wheat looks a few weeks off at least, but the beans are on course (apparently).

I saw a couple of rape fields being sprayed off this morning and I know of at least one barley field that will be harvested in the next 10 days, weather permitting.

Half of "my" vining peas have been harvested in the last week.

Most of the wheat looks a few weeks off at least, but the beans are on course (apparently).

think you might have had slightly better weather than us from uptnorth :lol:

it seems to be the same all over the country, many crops are very behined due to all the rain. im hopeing this is good news for us all,harvest may be a longer process this year as farmers strugle to get at it, barly is the one to watch for me! fields seem to be falling at the blink of the eye

rape seed round here going furry yelllow and great clumps are flattened god help the farmers it aint looking good, stupidmarkets will ramp food prices up but a pound to a bucket of ferrets they wont pass dollar 1 onto the farmers :no: :no: :no:

Very good point.

We pigeon shooters are all happy to find a field of laid barley or wheat or rape and those fields certainly do provide excellent sport. Spare a few thoughts however for the farmers whose annual income is lying out in the fields reducing in value by the day.

spoke to the farmer where i shoot and he is starting in 2 weeks which is fine by me...have not had many oppotunitys to get out so far this year as the misses has me running around all over the place getting ready for our wedding this sep...so a few more weeks and im ready to put down the organiser and pick up the gun :D:D:D

Started on our first field this afternoon, I should start baling the straw tomorrow so soon see how many feathered rats we have about then.

Feathered rats?!!

I wouldn't put a great bird such a pigeon in the same class as a disease ridden rodent.

spoke to the farmer where i shoot and he is starting in 2 weeks which is fine by me...have not had many oppotunitys to get out so far this year as the misses has me running around all over the place getting ready for our wedding this sep...so a few more weeks and im ready to put down the organiser and pick up the gun :D:D:D

DONT DO IT( YOU WILL BE SORRY)

DONT DO IT( YOU WILL BE SORRY) :lol: :lol: :lol: