GRIMSTHORPE

100milesaway

Yeah, well done Ed, I was toying with the idea of going to Grimsthorpe but I'm not chasing a team place this year, so decided to go Pigeon shooting instead over some laid barley.... :blink:

They always put on a good layout there, well worth the long drive, last time I shot the ground was with some of the PW regulars I think about 3 years ago, even managed to get Cleggy out of retirement..!! :lol:

And well shot Den.. :good:

Cat.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, well done Ed, I was toying with the idea of going to Grimsthorpe but I'm not chasing a team place this year, so decided to go Pigeon shooting instead over some laid barley.... :blink:

They always put on a good layout there, well worth the long drive, last time I shot the ground was with some of the PW regulars I think about 3 years ago, even managed to get Cleggy out of retirement..!! :lol:

And well shot Den.. :good:

Cat.

I remember it well, it was the day I met Chard :/ :( :sad1:

You must have gone down hill when you saw John Deere on the back of that refs jacket..from Auntie. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:) :) :)

Also one stand had the referee resting the score cards on a used John Deere hydraulic oil drum so a double whammy <_<

You must have gone down hill when you saw John Deere on the back of that refs jacket..from Auntie. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I never got up the hill to start with Auntie :hmm:

A peculiar performance altogether.

I did well on the ballbreaker of a pool shoot, then seemed to shut down completely. Very strange. :oops:

I never got up the hill to start with Auntie :hmm:

A peculiar performance altogether.

I did well on the ballbreaker of a pool shoot, then seemed to shut down completely. Very strange. :oops:

That's because you're **** <_< <_<

How comes you ain't competing as a Vet Cat, you must be 60 now :yes: you have been around the game as long as i have...Dennis

He's a lot younger than you Dennis, but he did have a heavy paper round. :lol::lol:

First time I shot there and had a great day. would def look to traveling further a field on weekends if grounds are that well presented and with such fun targets!!!!! Could have done with a sign from the main road as a thought.A real laugh and looking forward to going back,

Mark

How comes you ain't competing as a Vet Cat, you must be 60 now :yes: you have been around the game as long as i have...Dennis

Don't wish for that Den, as you'd have some serious competition... :yes:

You'll be pleased to know that my 60th Birthday is still some way off... :D

Cat.

What is it about grounds who consider once an event has gone, no one wants to know the scores....come on Mark get your finger out, send them to the cpsa to get them on the website...some shooters are close to getting in the team and want to end the suspense.

Dennis

What is it about grounds who consider once an event has gone, no one wants to know the scores....come on Mark get your finger out, send them to the cpsa to get them on the website...some shooters are close to getting in the team and want to end the suspense.

Dennis

They put some brief results on their Facebook page Dennis, not much use, because they only show the top few in each class :

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Grimsthorpe-Estate-Shooting-Ground/169842436398155

F Townsend got Vets with an 87 so you just missed out. Well shot though chap :good:

Edited by Chard

Are the final England Team scores posted up anywhere? I'd be interested to see who made it and who just missed out.

Won't be out officially for a couple of weeks at least Nic- there is a 2 week window to submit scores then they pull all applications together and announce the world and home inters squad.

It's pretty easy to work out though. The senior cut off is normally low/mid 20s for the home international team. World team obviously lower but moves around a bit more. Low teens normally gets the job done.

Can't be bothered to work out home inters team but worked out in my head (so could be wrong!) the world seniors will be in order of qualification-

Paul Wilkinson

Richard bunning

Martin Myers

Me

Ben Husthwaite

If ben decides to pull out so to speak, I recon the next man is Phil Rowbottom or Turbo Rudling

At long last the scores are up on the CPSA website and they have me down for a 53, it always amazes me they this professional organisation takes days to put results up and fitasc who run on a wing and a prayer manage to get them on daily...why doesn't every ground have the facility to down load onto the cpsa website, i always struggle to understand how the CPSA are so far off the pace.....Its bad enough that you have shooting catogories like vets, ladies , and juniors, but then scores are taken away from the high gun, what is all that about, i should have finished on 1 point after four shoots but now on there unique system i am on 30 odd....its discrimination of the worst kind, expecting vets to compete with seniors, i'm told it will change to the same system as fitasc next year.

Dennis webb

Going to shoot the course today just as a practice.Looking forward to it i do like grimsthorpe Set up and only 10 miles away.Dont think i will be hitting as many as you lot though but il do my best :D

Edited by blade

Its bad enough that you have shooting catogories like vets, ladies , and juniors, but then scores are taken away from the high gun, what is all that about, i should have finished on 1 point after four shoots but now on there unique system i am on 30 odd....its discrimination of the worst kind, expecting vets to compete with seniors, i'm told it will change to the same system as fitasc next year.

Dennis webb

Surely if ALL of the Veterans competing have their scores taken from the high gun then the system is totally fair for all who are vying for a team place. To me it seems that Vets are not competing with seniors; one veterans ego is competing with itself :hmm:

I've seen far worse discrimination :rolleyes:

This is the logics, nicky i could win 3 shoots in the veterans and have one low score of say 10 below the high gun vet, giving me 10 points, yet i may still miss out on a team place, because i wasn't shooting against all the other vets but against the high gun, out of 6 shoots would be ranked as the best shot but not make the team, where is the logics in that...Its auctually called ageisum, it discriminates me on the bases of age, i am expected to compete with the top seniors.....why did we ever set up catagories in the first place but to put every shooter based on age, gender or youth....to make every group compete with each other in that group, but it gets worse nick, you would have to say i am the top vet around at the momment, but i don't appear on the radar, i cannot attract sponsors because i don't appear on the averages, in fitasc i do but not english sporting, we are discriminated against, The CPSA has to change the whole system and bring in Rankings, we all have to be treated as equals in this sport, is perhaps there is no mileage in Veterans, they are at the end of the game, why invest in the old ****.

You tell me .

Fitasc take the other view, look at the entry for the European Fitasc in Portugal, veterans is important to fitasc, the CPSA has to change tack and embrace this important group in this sport.

Dennis

This is the logics, nicky i could win 3 shoots in the veterans and have one low score of say 10 below the high gun vet, giving me 10 points, yet i may still miss out on a team place, because i wasn't shooting against all the other vets but against the high gun, out of 6 shoots would be ranked as the best shot but not make the team, where is the logics in that...Its auctually called ageisum, it discriminates me on the bases of age, i am expected to compete with the top seniors.....why did we ever set up catagories in the first place but to put every shooter based on age, gender or youth....to make every group compete with each other in that group, but it gets worse nick, you would have to say i am the top vet around at the momment, but i don't appear on the radar, i cannot attract sponsors because i don't appear on the averages, in fitasc i do but not english sporting, we are discriminated against, The CPSA has to change the whole system and bring in Rankings, we all have to be treated as equals in this sport, is perhaps there is no mileage in Veterans, they are at the end of the game, why invest in the old ****.

You tell me .

Fitasc take the other view, look at the entry for the European Fitasc in Portugal, veterans is important to fitasc, the CPSA has to change tack and embrace this important group in this sport.

Dennis

if in the three high guns in vets that you win, the other vets are only one point behind you, they will have three points more than you. then in the shoot you get 10 points, they again only get one so will finish with less. they would make the team and you dont. its the same for any of the classes, seniors to juniors. the least points make the team not the guy who has won a couple, although he does stand a very good chance :yes: if we didnt have catagories we would not have any juniors, and possibly vets and ladies in the team at all.