GRIMSTHORPE

100milesaway

Im not a "registered" shooter

I shoot at our local club most weeks.

I love going to the charity shoot because it gives me a chance to shoot "proper" grounds

Now as a "novice" on proper grounds and if I turned up for an England selection shoot I wouldnt expect to hit over 40-50%

winners of these shoots should be the best of the best,

They will be representing their country, if everyone was to hit 80-90% nobody would learn anything,

People shooting then saying the targets were too hard need to practice more.

Im happy shooting what I do because I do it as a fun hobby,

Fair play to those who want to excel but dont knock hard targets at a national selection event.

:shaun: :yp:

Best answer yet shaun. :good::good:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Years ago we had professional shoots, put on by no less than Bidwell, it flopped i am not knocking Grimsthorpe as a course, i loved it, why is it that there is no regulation in English Sporting, still, thats behind us now , its the World at Meon, as the 2010 World Champion ed ( a title you probably dream about) i will see if i back up the claim to be no 1 English Sporting vet of 2012. Last year i had it in the bag, but like at British at Hodnet the heat got to me after the halfway stage....120 targets straight off is tough for us old uns i really do need a break. I am booked in for Sunday, if you are going i will buy you an ice cream....Oh i forgot you shoot one of those silly german guns.

Dennis

Dennis we all know the Beretta shoot isnt a real world Championship, you cant pull that on us! ;-) And as far as my dreams go, shooting achievements dont feature in them Im afraid... Im happy being a steady shot who has got lucky in the past!

Happy to have a little bet for the Beretta world with you though? Should be easy win for you; Im shooting an old auto and your using your usual gun. Fancy it?

you have to give me 10 targets ed say for a £10.00....and as a registered event its offically a world title, what you all forget its also the oldest World title.... I thought the targets had a good mix, a bit like the old days, are you shooting it hamster. I have had the new optima ported chokes fitted to my gun, they are fantastic, no punishment no recoil fast action on a second shot....Beretta should market my outfit Gold E with 2 sets of 30 and 32 inch with optima chokes, what a winning combination.....they could brand it the dennis webb combo kit, probably retail for under £3000 ....

Dennis Webb ( World Champion) sounds good i might have that on me skeet vest

I don't want to see you choke Ed just because there is a tenner on it.

If you can shoot that piece of gas pipe and 4x2 you call krigmarine sorry krigoof, although it has the same charactoristics of a submarine then you can shoot anything. No it has to be fair, i will admit my world title was a fluke the same as i beat you at Southdown in the selection shoot, you have to allow for age, even though i am better looking, the eyes have gone, by elbows and knees are shot, i will be lucky if i get round the course without an oxygen bottle, i am not forgetting either that i am breaking in a new forend as the old one split in Portugal......

No you have to give me 10 targets over 120 birds.

Dennis

If you can shoot that piece of gas pipe and 4x2 you call krigmarine sorry krigoof, although it has the same charactoristics of a submarine then you can shoot anything. No it has to be fair, i will admit my world title was a fluke the same as i beat you at Southdown in the selection shoot, you have to allow for age, even though i am better looking, the eyes have gone, by elbows and knees are shot, i will be lucky if i get round the course without an oxygen bottle, i am not forgetting either that i am breaking in a new forend as the old one split in Portugal......

No you have to give me 10 targets over 120 birds.

Dennis

breaking in a new forend??? you had better give me 20 targets Ed as i'am breaking in a new choke case.

bornfree

OK after reading 6 pages looks like me and the lad missed out on a bloody good shoot :yes:

Only shot there once and a ground that's stuck in my memory , Dennis are you the Victor Meldrew of the clay shooting scene by any chance :hmm:

Wow what a shoot!!!!! First time I shot here and took joint 1st in B class with a 82. Also the first time I have ever won anything at a registered. I love these type of targets. I am sick of hearing people winge about long targets, I never went tighter than 1/2 choke and think they are only hard or too long if you have never practiced on them so get beaten before calling for your first pair. I too had a 300 mile round trip and would def do it again if this ground was anything to go by,

Mark

Wow what a shoot!!!!! First time I shot here and took joint 1st in B class with a 82. Also the first time I have ever won anything at a registered. I love these type of targets. I am sick of hearing people winge about long targets, I never went tighter than 1/2 choke and think they are only hard or too long if you have never practiced on them so get beaten before calling for your first pair. I too had a 300 mile round trip and would def do it again if this ground was anything to go by,

Mark

Great shooting Mark :good:

I'm a bit worried now; I'm having a haircut in my lunch break tomorrow and the change in balance might put me off. That could cost you against a world champ... I'll just have to count myself lucky that I saved a tenner- I'm sure Dennis would wipe the floor with me. Picked the auto up this evening, feels very foreign ;-)

Sympathy Ed, I trimmed my toenails with the old dremmel a couple of weeks ago and the resulting foot imbalance cost me a class win!

Mate had a circumcision (didn't really need it but thought it might improve his love life) but luckily he was with BUPA so they compensated for the loss of weight by taking a small flap of skin off each butt cheek, got his equilibrium back in minutes.

Potter

I cannot believe you are welshing already, its just a tenner Ed, we cannot have scratch, alright 8 targets then, thats the best i can offer, surly you have to take the bet, where are your balls, they must have dropped by now, act like a man.

Dennis

As a neutral observer to this bicep clenching why not just take a straight bet Dennis?Ed is too used to his German Howitzer and will be all over the place with his semi-auto to worry you.although after all this banter I bet he is practising like mad!!

I look forward to seeing the scores......although if you both get mental about beating each other I reckon 105 will do it.....

Well for the fun of the onlookers I will take you on for a tenner giving you an 8 bird head start and with me using the pogo stick. Had a quick shot last night and wasnt impressive shall we say- missed enough out of the 50 to fill Dennis' deep pockets. Probably still enough to do you on your own terms though Den so Im game! I feel its a bit win win for me, can always double or quits at the world Champs when I have my gun with me ;-)

I look forward to your arm long list of excuses!

Well Dennis it's going to be a rennet to you- gun broke after 8 shots, got repaired by malcom as a temp fix then

Died a few stands later! Borrowed mates gun for one stand then got to a big hold up and was told we were leaving! So I think even you will beat me tomorrow!

Seemed a good shoot with exception to the wether! Would you like cash check or a postal order?