What was the last gun you bought?

drone

The last gun I bought that I still have is a Darne model V-19 12 bore, bored impcyl in both barrels. I met the man who had it built and he told me that for general game shooting it was regulated for the old eley trapshooting paper case with 32gm of no 7 shot, that it handled hymax no3 shot well for geese and alphamax 5 shot for duck. He was right. I used it as my backup when on the foreshore with my double 10 and shudder to think how I treated those guns. I had fleece lined cases and used to throw them over creeks that I had to wade, giving me an added incentive to get over. I have subsequently found it handles 28 gm 7.5 shot perfectly too.

I bought it in 1983 and it was made in 1957.

www.fusildarne.com/images/v19.jpg is how my gun looks.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A 3" Chambered 32" barrells G E Lewis wildfowling magnum proofed for 11/2 oz for use on the foreshore only on "High Days and Holidays" because i'll be using Bismuth or ITM through it!Bought it off eakilbill on this forum.Nice handling gun,there's nothing like pulling a goose down with an old fowling piece.

Edited by DOLLSEYES

A lovely condition WW Greener Martini action single barrel 12-bore, with the rarer multi-choke option. I bought it on a whim, as this was the same model that I used when I first took up shooting in the 70's . I have shot it a few times for nostalgia's sake, but will never use it on clays, now I have to sell it to make more room in the cabinet. :blush:

STEVENS COMBO O/U 410 X .22LR THINK IT`S 1950, APPARENTLY ISSUED TO PILOTS AS SURVIVAL KIT, HAS A HOLLOW PLASTIC STOCK, PROBABLY WHERE AMMO WAS KEPT,

GREAT SQIRREL AND RABBIT GUN, :good:

Any pic's?Would love to see this gun.I almost bought a Savage combo last year...12 bore/.22mag' if I remember right.

Last gun I bought was a Browning 2000;fixed choke at 3/4.It's my go everywhere do everything gun for when I'm doing the rounds,checking feeders whatever.Gets thrown in the Landie and generally abused,but have to say it(and another gun)may be getting traded in for a black synthetic Baikel MP 153.Had a go with one not so long ago and have to admit I'm smitten.