lab is in agony

chris o

Hi guys wandering if any of you might be able to help my lab who is about 15 month is extreme agony.

She struggling to walk and when she stands screams like I have never heard before but is fine once she lies down. I have checked her spine, hind legs and her tail her tail is fine till you get to the base then she starts again. There is no sign of blood near back end but has been licking her bum but no sign of blood still.

And she is not in season or in pup.

Can you guys help with what it may be or best plan of action would be? All help will be so appreciated and help put my mind at rest also she is dribbling alot.

Before you all start saying things the vet was first thing I rang and they reckon its bee or wasp sting as only affecting one end and im not leaving her to suffer for the sake of a few quid so get that out your heads to start as my dogs come first before anything.

Before you all start saying things the vet was first thing I rang and they reckon its bee or wasp sting as only affecting one end and im not leaving her to suffer for the sake of a few quid so get that out your heads to start as my dogs come first before anything.

Change your vet, because if he has just said it could be this that or the other over the phone and did not ask you to take the dog in to see him your Vet is not worth the time of day

Edited by Actionpigeons

Change your vet, because if he has just said it could be this that or the other over the phone and did not ask you to take the dog in to see him your Vet is not worth the time of day

:stupid:

Yep, he's right, seeing is believing and i wouldn't accept any diagnosis over the phone. You can't always tell them over the phone what they can see/feel for themselves.

If it's in pain and you're a vet, diagnose it yourself, if your not a vet don't go on a shooting forum for help.

Consider this, if you or any of your family were in agony and you rang a doctor to be told it might be a bee sting would you accept that and ask for a diagnosis on an internet forum ? Get your dog to the vet to be examined for its sake and your own peace of mind.

ATB

Change you Vet, that one is no good

Had that happen to a spaniel of mine a long while ago.....luckerly i think i saw how it happened...she raked her spine going under a gate...she was fine the rest of the day but in the eve when i touched her she would squeal it was terrible..got her down to the vets and they put her on i think Metacam...an anti inflammatory...it took a couple of weeks before she was right again.........

yup i would go with a blocked anal gland too this happened to one of my lab bithces a few years back .but get here to a vet mate it will not cure its self (but the sounds of things you need to look for a new vet too ) all they will do is give them a small squeeze to remove all the fliud from the glands and give here course of antibiotics if indeed that is whats wrong with her but i am no vet :good:

Edited by cocker3

Hi guys had a good friend look at her who trains labs. It was limber tail. Shes not in pain now her tails just dropped and only just starting to move her tail a little bit now but thanks for your help and advice and sorry for snapping at people. Just dont like the idea of people thinking I dont care or look after my dogs and scrimp on them for my benefit as that aint the case so sorry for snapping.

Hi guys had a good friend look at her who trains labs. It was limber tail. Shes not in pain now her tails just dropped and only just starting to move her tail a little bit now but thanks for your help and advice and sorry for snapping at people. Just dont like the idea of people thinking I dont care or look after my dogs and scrimp on them for my benefit as that aint the case so sorry for snapping.

That's great news!

I think a picture of the little fella is in order :good:

Cos