Sign in to follow this  
chrispti

Not a bad day on the wheat

Had the afternoon free, so went back up to a laid patch of wheat I shot last week.

I havent seen much on it all week, but knew there were a few about, so was pretty confident I'd get a few shots off :yes:

Set the rotary and flapper up in the laid patch, both loaded with some dead birds.

The majority of the birds where passing on a flight line to another field (which provided some testing shooting) but a few did decoy nicely :good:

Finished up with 107, only managed to retrieve 1/2 of them :/ would have been alot less without the dog! very pleased with her efforts today :good:

Looking forward to the harvest :yes: :thumbs:

post-11306-0-21492400-1342380257.jpg

post-11306-0-41039300-1342380284.jpg

my son in law had 211 thursday on layed barley , i had to work so couldnt shoot with him :no: , talk about me being green with envey, could of tewed a 6'' nail in half, little **** only 19, all i can say is that i tought him well :lol::good:

Edited by browning n spaniel

Thats a good day Chris, well done mate :good: Is Holly as tired as mine tonight? BB and I had a day out on the same, its his turn to be the journalist :lol:

Thats a good day Chris, well done mate :good: Is Holly as tired as mine tonight? BB and I had a day out on the same, its his turn to be the journalist :lol:

She was sparko as soon as we got in the car to come home :lol: she had her tea and has been fast asleep since :good:

my son in law had 211 thursday on layed barley , i had to work so couldnt shoot with him :no: , talk about me being green with envey, could of tewed a 6'' nail in half, little **** only 19, all i can say is that i tought him well :lol::good:

**** law ay :blush: next time :good:

Cheers everyone else :good:

thats a cracking bag chris very well done cracking looking dog too mate i hate shooting in standing crop with the dog it can make a right mess of there faces but they never seem to mind :good::good:

Thanks all :good:

thats a cracking bag chris very well done cracking looking dog too mate i hate shooting in standing crop with the dog it can make a right mess of there faces but they never seem to mind :good::good:

The crop dust made her eyes a bit red and weepy. I gave her a quick rinse off this morning and she was fine :yes: back to her usual ''100 mph every where'' self :good: