Anybody use ferrets??

Steve

Hi guys.

I once went shooting with a friend who used ferrets to get the rabbits to bolt from their holes while I shot them.  Does anyone keep ferrets?  What should you look for if getting ferrets?  Any info would be appreciated.

Steve  :sly:

up to a couple of years i kept ferrets but now i dont have the time if you are going to use them on rats as well as rabbits you wants small jills if they are two big they often get bitten as for what you should look for look at the cages are they clean if they are then there is a good chance there well looked after check that they are nice and acktive the eyes are clear  and nose is not running and make sure they are well handled there is nothing like a ferret hanging on your fingers if well handled they dont bite if i were you i would get a book they make good pets as well but smell in summer

the reason why you should mate jills is if you dont they stay in season a long time and are prone to infection one way out of this if you dont want kits is to use a castrated hob ask any vet if it is good to leave a jill in season it drags them down talking of old myths they say leave a round pebble in the cage to bring them out of season