Coaching on a stand

Dustem Dave

Just a query,i know you can,t coach someone on a stand at a reg shot while their shooting,but was at a shoot couple weeks back two guys shooti together,one was in cage shootin the other stood behind waiting his turn,when first guy came out his mate said what do they need,he said five. Feet and three feet,second guy went in and they both straighted it, are you allowed to do this,not that it worries me i only shoot for fun,was just interested to find out

Keeping an eye on this. When walking between stands, I recommend hints for shooting techniques and lead on the next stand etc to my friends. Hope this is allowed?

No problem.

You can't give them advice once they're in the stand and shooting, but between stands and while you're waiting to shoot, you can tell them as much as you like. :good:

Brilliant, how come this rule then? insurance problem or something?

No I think it's just for making sure entrants in registered comps stand alone and use their own ability.

Level playing fields and all that stuff.

The classification system is supposed to ensure that shooters of different abilities have a chance of winning something and "left a bit, right a bit" type of instruction is kept out of it :P

Yes I love it when some mong tells you where they think you missed one... I like to glance at their card afterwards, usually brings a smail to my face that they are mid way through crafting a super 70 something.

You can stop "smailing" at my card in future......... <_<

Just a query,i know you can,t coach someone on a stand at a reg shot while their shooting,but was at a shoot couple weeks back two guys shooti together,one was in cage shootin the other stood behind waiting his turn,when first guy came out his mate said what do they need,he said five. Feet and three feet,second guy went in and they both straighted it, are you allowed to do this,not that it worries me i only shoot for fun,was just interested to find out

I would say that this would not constitute coaching. If the second shooter was in the safety cage and was given the "lead" information then, that would be considered as against the CPSA rules. Seeing both were out of the cage then that is perfectly acceptable.