land

mikew

hello all ,first posting in here,has anyone had any dealings with the guy who advertises in the shooting press offering land and farms for a one off payment ,i thgink he is called national pigeon control,he charges about £150....i live in gateshead in north england on the farms i shoot over there are plenty of pigeons but after a few shots they seem to move off ,we have tried spreading our efforts over a 3 fields but the pigeons still move off .........we have taken advice on decoy patterns and hides off some wise old guns ,and the opinion is that at this moment in time it is the same on a lot of land in our area ..comments please

Mikew, Welcome to the forum,

To answer your first question about NPPC The nearest land which they have to you I believe is just off the A19 around where it meets the A1 on the way to weatherby. Probably about 50 miles from Gateshead A friend of mine has been a member for years and said it is worth the money if you dont mind travelling

No doubt some of the more experienced deycoyers will give you an answer about your pigeon problem However i think around this time of year the birds have a great choice of fields and areas for feeding and once disturbed they will just move on to another field

Try and watch for the flightlines before you start shooting then set up in a field near to the roosting areas, If they dont decoy then you will still get a few shots at passing birds

Hope this helps

HH