Desperados Beer

Fatcatsplat

Right, I'm a beer snob. I like top quality ales, handcrafted and matured over the thighs of dusky maidens, brewed using the finest malts and barley and finisshed in oak barrels. Furthermore i spit in the face of horrible wishy washy lagers and designer beers.....................BUT............I have to admit my love for this dodgy Mexican beer, brewed entirely from chemicals in France - My guilty pleasure is Desperados - It's a fantastic arrive home hot and bothered, pop the top off and chug it down in a couple of dirty swigs kinda beer. And now with added tequila as well!!!

So, there's my dirty, filthy confession done with and i do feel better for getting it out in the open among friends.

Now here's my problem - The only place i can find for my fix is in corner shops, not noted for their competitive pricing policies, stock freshness controls or for their huge stock levels!!!

Anyone in the PW massive know of any supermarkets, wholesalers or suchlike that stock it in decent quantities? I've done a quick google and all that i'm getting are mail order firms charging in the region of £1.50 for a teeny tiny bottle.

Gracias senors!!

Another Desperado affecionado here. I used to order it by the crate from online beer importers after first 'discovering' it in the Pyrenees about 7 years ago. As others have said, Tescos do it, some Spar shops or you can get the cheap version of it, called Amigos, which tastes very, very similar for half the price.

The only place I've seen them is a Mexican restaurant in Manchester city centre close to me. There so nice, go down soooo well and once the tequila kicks in everything goes to a blur.

Also has anyone tried kopperberg cider. I was introduced to it over the weekend and as I hate cider I was really surprised. I had the strawberry flavour and couldn't tell there was any alcohol in it till I almost passed out from necking them like cans of pop

I remember trying it one night in a bar on Wigmore Street years ago, by having one in my hand, it meant i got a very good free spray on tattoo from 2 hotties dressed as nuns! Didnt like the beer, but loved the look on the missus face when she saw it the next morning! Sheer class!

AB

• 3 weeks later...