Shogun Sport ABS Fault

shannon

I have a fault with my Mitsubishi Shogun Sport where the ABS warning light occasionally comes on after a short journey and a bit of breaking. The only way to get it off is switch off the ignition and re start the car. A diagnostic check cannot locate the fault. I just want to avoid a hefty bill whereby the garage tries to locate a fault.

Have you used the vehicle off road? It may just need cleaning around the wheel sensors. This can be due to a faulty switch on your 4 wheel drive system as well. They are linked in some way. If when you are driving and the ABS light comes on, try putting it into 4H and then back into 2H, it should reset the ABS light. Do your green 4X4 lights flash?

Have you used the vehicle off road? It may just need cleaning around the wheel sensors. This can be due to a faulty switch on your 4 wheel drive system as well. They are linked in some way. If when you are driving and the ABS light comes on, try putting it into 4H and then back into 2H, it should reset the ABS light. Do your green 4X4 lights flash?

I have a fault with my Mitsubishi Shogun Sport where the ABS warning light occasionally comes on after a short journey and a bit of breaking. The only way to get it off is switch off the ignition and re start the car. A diagnostic check cannot locate the fault. I just want to avoid a hefty bill whereby the garage tries to locate a fault.

Quite a few different things can cause the lights to flash. Most common are splits in the vacuum pipes going from the solenoids on the driver side wheel arch under the bonnet, and the 4x4 actuator on the front axle seizing up. Get some grease under the rubber boot on the actuator sitting on top of the front axle and then take it in and out of 4 wheel drive several times. If your pipes are OK and the lights still flash after greasing the actuator then it is most likely a switch problem. There are three, one on the front axle by the actuator and two on top of the gearbox. (These two are a sod to get to I believe)After that I am stumped!!