pond in the wife's car

Paddy Galore!

hi gents, got a small problem with the wifes pug 206, the rain gets in on the rear off side door, the door seal is intact, i tried mastic to glue the seal in situ but it's still coming in, any help would be appreciated before she decides to get a couple of koi for the passenger footwell :lol:

the water seems to run round the inside of the door and pool at the bottom, then run over the top of the seal, what have i missed?

cheers,

gram.

Edited by GRAM71

It's probably the waterproof membrane behind the interior door panel. Pop the door panel off and make sure the plastic doesn't have any splits and that it's firmly attached at the bottom.

As above.

Here's someone advising much the same on a door of a 206,see the experts answer.

http://www.justanswer.com/uk-car/4aqwq-driver-side-rear-footwell-heavy-rain-thawing-snow.html

hi gents, got a small problem with the wifes pug 206, the rain gets in on the rear off side door, the door seal is intact, i tried mastic to glue the seal in situ but it's still coming in, any help would be appreciated before she decides to get a couple of koi for the passenger footwell :lol:

the water seems to run round the inside of the door and pool at the bottom, then run over the top of the seal, what have i missed?

cheers,

gram.

my son had same problem with 206, he just got hammer and screwdriver and punched some holes through the floor :lol:

To see if it is the rubber seal, get some talc powder and put some (only a little needed) on the seal all the way round. Close the door, get the hose and spray plenty of water around the door gap.

You'll be able to see if water is going in over the rubber. Y the talc being wet.

Cos

Edited by Cosd

the wifes astra does this and a search on google resulted in discovering its a comon occurance created by a blocked drain hole just behind the front wheel arch, which causes water to build up in the sill until it over flows into the floor pan. i removed the sill drain bungs and its all sorted cleared all the holes and its bone dry in there now :good:

the wifes astra does this and a search on google resulted in discovering its a comon occurance created by a blocked drain hole just behind the front wheel arch, which causes water to build up in the sill until it over flows into the floor pan. i removed the sill drain bungs and its all sorted cleared all the holes and its bone dry in there now :good:

hmmm... sounds like a plan thanks :good:

the wifes astra does this and a search on google resulted in discovering its a comon occurance created by a blocked drain hole just behind the front wheel arch, which causes water to build up in the sill until it over flows into the floor pan. i removed the sill drain bungs and its all sorted cleared all the holes and its bone dry in there now

Just had this with the wife's Zafira, apparently common with these too. Mechanic had to take the carpets and seats out (3 Vax fulls of water came out of the carpets) and found that it was seeping through a tiny crack in a weld. Parts came to £20 and the total bill was just shy of £400 :sad1:

Just had this with the wife's Zafira, apparently common with these too. Mechanic had to take the carpets and seats out (3 Vax fulls of water came out of the carpets) and found that it was seeping through a tiny crack in a weld. Parts came to £20 and the total bill was just shy of £400 :sad1:

shaft my old cat, how much?!!!

i'm pulling the car apart tomorrow hopefully, it's only just started doing it so maybe just blocked drain holes, i noticed a lot of crud caught up between the inner /outer front wing, would that do it?

it shouldnt affect new motors but that join used to be a rot spot , has the car got a sunroof ?

no sunroof mate, the door seal is intact, we hardly use the rear passenger doors either, i'd silicone sealed the bottom of the inner door panel a few years ago after some monkey broke some of the push clips that hold it on after trying to refix the rear speaker. can't suss it :blush:

no sunroof mate, the door seal is intact, we hardly use the rear passenger doors either, i'd silicone sealed the bottom of the inner door panel a few years ago after some monkey broke some of the push clips that hold it on after trying to refix the rear speaker. can't suss it :blush:

only answer is food colouring and a watering can then . thats what i used on jags to determine seal or rot .

only answer is food colouring and a watering can then . thats what i used on jags to determine seal or rot .

there's no rot mate, she's clean as a whistle, and i can see where the water's coming in :lol:

Done a few now with leaks, normally sunroof drains, drains under bonnet or under fuse box.

cant figure how that would affect only the off side rear door though ???

ok chaps, never mind i'll just have to stump up for a new door seal, funny how whenever the car is running well it's "her" car, yet whenever it needs work, all of a sudden "our car is broken", cow...