Terrible day

Lord Geordie

I hang my head in shame today :lol:

Spent yesterday at the club on Sporting and got a measley 19 for 25 :lol:

Then i went on ABT which i am normally ok on and did WORSE :lol: i got about 10 for 25

Skeet wasn't too bad though with 20 for 25 but still an all round poor performance i just couldn't get into focus i was mis mounting the gun i was snapping off to quick i made a pigs ear of the whole day :lol:

Still i hope to get back into the swing nest tuesday and of course for Reeth too i am gonna look a RIGHT plonker if i screw that up too :lol:

LG

sorry to hear that LG. were you shooting at steve smiths? i shot there last week and thought it was quite impressed with the place :lol: is the sporting only on on wednesdays? as i went on a tuesday and could only shoot trap skeet and the grouse butt. stillhad a good time though :lol:

I know someone, he shall remain nameless, who is a cracking shooter but misses clays before he's even called pull (I am sure we all know someone like that too).

Professional sports people imagine winning before they run / race / shoot / whatever. It helps to focus the mind and means if you are watching the clay break in your mind, you can't think about lead, mounting the gun properly, keeping the gun moving and all the rest of it.

As has been said elswhere, be the clay! :lol:

sorry to hear that LG. were you shooting at steve smiths? i shot there last week and thought it was quite impressed with the place :lol: is the sporting only on on wednesdays? as i went on a tuesday and could only shoot trap skeet and the grouse butt. stillhad a good time though :lol:

Paulos!!!

Yes sporting is only on wednesdays and ABT is on weds too.

Made up for it anyway i went boat fishing off my mates boat just out of Amble and got me a few rock cod and a half dozen coalies too :lol:

Bit of a swell running first thing but it leveled out a fair bit toward evening.

LG

Prices for Dinnington is £5.50 for 25 clays on what ever style you choose

Grouse Butt is on tue wed fri sat sun

DTL tue fri sat sun

Skeet tue wed fri sat sun

ABT wed and :good:???

The atmosphere IS relaxed a good group of chaps very laid back.

LG

Cheers for that LG, I'll head down and have a blatter at some point as our local club is off until October.

Rob

those scores seem fine to me mate, you know your having a bad day when your shooting half your normal scores. i have one shoot which is a bit of a mind block (i will be shooting it tomorrow) it is shot over 3 stands of 10, very competitive, very hard birds, at one point i was doing 7ex30 here. thankfully that was a while back. I still dont shoot it well, cant explain it.