Custom ear plugs

fieldwanderer

That would depend on how much wax you get building up in your ears. The person making the moulds will check your ears before going ahead and won't be able to continue if there is too much wax in there. I think it's mainly on account of the fact that the putty that gets piped into your ear would push any wax further into the ear and would be potentially dangerous. If you have generally clean ears, you'll be ok.

I have some electronic ear plugs which act like hearing aids until the gun shot really good they are but you can hear people talking someway behind you which in itself isn't a problem until you shoot like a novice and you overhear the uncomplmentry comments lol

What sort of price, how long do they last and can you recommend anywhere please?

My first pair were from here http://www.customearprotection.co.uk/ he came to my house and from memory it was £80 but that was a couple of years ago. I lost them a few weeks back and bought a replacement set from here http://www.noisebreaker.com/ at £75 + vat, rang them up and they gave me the details of a local agent.

Had my last set no issues for about 4 years until I lost them and I am told you should get about 8 years out of them, I would not use anything else now. :good:

Have a look at www.hearingprotection.co.uk

In particular the custom sonic valves. They are popular with the army lads but equally good for clayshooting! I don't find them too muffling like some so you can hold a normal conversation.

They were the ones I bought and can't fault them. Great bit of kit which I bought through local hearing shop.

Think they were about £90.

My mate has the ones Timps has now got and gets on fine with them so you takes your choices.

Have a look at CENS Proflex (http://www.censdigital.com/cens_proflex.html) I seem to remember them costing around £450 and i'm very happy with them. Only problem I have with them is they are designed to amplify rustles in bushes etc, on a windy day they end up amplifying the wind! You can wear a hat that covers your ears though and you're sorted.

I think pretty much any audiologist will do them, just ring your local place up and tell them what you want, all they do is take the moulds and send them off.

The first time I went, the audiologist couldn't take a mould as one of my ears needed syringing, my advice is to get them done before you get your moulds done anyway, then it avoids disappointments and cuts down on the wait time.

I wear CENs as well absolutely great and the Armed Forces preferred choice now and given to anyone with degraded hearing. Mine turned up 2 weeks after the moulding and are great much better than the Racial ones the Army got. If suffer with wither wax try Hoopi Candles I do it DiY and works very well according to my audiologist and no doctors involved.

Get yourself to Specsavers - book a hearing test and an appointment to get them made/fitted at the same time. They come in loads of different colours, with or without string etc - they take about 10 days to come back and really good. Cost was around the £100 mark including a hearing test.

Mike

Get yourself to Specsavers - book a hearing test and an appointment to get them made/fitted at the same time. They come in loads of different colours, with or without string etc - they take about 10 days to come back and really good. Cost was around the £100 mark including a hearing test.

Mike

They can't get glasses right! what chance with hearing?