Pigeon Watch charity shoot raffle prize lesson with Beretta (Brian Cle

timps

At the recent PW charity shoot I was lucky enough to win a full day lesson donated by Beretta (Brian Clegg), yesterday I had the lesson with Beretta at Fauxdegla.

So I am just writing to say what a fantastic prize it turned out to be and a big thank you to Beretta.

I was not too sure what I would get out of the day having been shooting for some time in A class and not a novice (old dog new tricks type of thing), but he immediately highlighted some bad traits I did and simplified other aspects of my shooting.

Hold points, how I mount the gun onto the clay, observation, keeping it smooth and some of the mental aspects of clay shooting as well. He did not try and reinvent the wheel with me and make me change to some proprietary shooting method or throw everything I did out the window but worked with what he had and every tweak paid off. If I was behind or over a target he explained why I got into that situation in the first place rather than the generic ‘you’re behind it’ stuff.

So all in all it was a fantastic raffle prize and I shall be going for another lesson in a few months to see if I have remembered and put into practice what he has helped me with so far.

It was simple stuff but bloody helpful. :good:

Did Brian tell you that you're a cock as well? :P

No but he did point out the ******** I usually shoot with hold me back considerably, I mean I am never going to be high gun when one consistently shoots 107 out of 100, the other is a senile buffoon with Tourettes and I am in fear of sleeping with the fishes on a weekly basis... <_<:P

Is he CPSA/BASC qualified?! ;-)

His lack of accreditation was very very worrying, how would he know what to do?

I have told him he should forget all the things he has won, representing England has **** all to do with it and just send £4000 to the CPSA if he wants to get anywhere as a coach... <_<:yes:

edit: Oh and get a big silly hat :good:

Edited by timps

As soon as the laminator warms up. For now, just practice writing waffle about spurious, over complicated methods of breaking clays and blowing your own trumpet; you should be there in no time.

I would like some more info on blowing my own trumpet please - I think my technique means i miss consistently.