Dog grooming

Guinea Fowl

Need some advice on cutting the hair on my English Springer Spaniel, her hair is getting a bit long and she gets really hot.

How do you guys go about grooming your spaniels, something tells me if I get the clippers out it will end up in a number 4 all over, haha so will prefer to take her to a professional. Do you get a specific field cut for them, dont want to end up with a gay dog and a pink bow.

I am in the North West so any recommendations will be great, also whats a reasonable price for such a cut.

Thanks.

DON'T DO IT! do not get them cut with a clippers! - take the dead hair out of the coat with a pin comb and a marrigold rubber glove!!

Trim around the ears and feathers with a scissors. If you clip them - they will turn in to a ball of wool, which looks awful and offers them little or no protection against the weather.

Mike

My springer get a cut for the summer, she goes to a lady who understands she is a working dog not a show dog, so does not leave things like feathers whatever they are. She is not shaved just some of the long stuff cut and trimmed around the ears and feet with no ill effects.

Costs about £20.00

Edited by rimfire4969

My springer get a cut for the summer, she goes to a lady who understands she is a working dog not a show dog, so does not leave things like feathers whatever they are. She is not shaved just some of the long stuff cut and trimmed around the ears and feet with no ill effects.

Costs about £20.00

Those are the bits that help to protect your dogs legs from damage! Isn't ignorance bliss

Those are the bits that help to protect your dogs legs from damage! Isn't ignorance bliss

I fail to see how feather on the back of the legs which catches goose grass and twigs, how can this protect the leg when any damage will be to the front IE shin of the leg. could you explain please.