I`ll be the first to say it

CZ550Kevlar

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some bits of it were pretty good, in spite of my earlier reservations. I think they lost it somewhere between the NHS/GOSH and that bird pulling up in a BMW mini. By then even the comentators had stopped commentating simply because they didn't seem to know what on earth was going on. What was it with the House thing and some bird losing her phone??? Didn't get that at all :no:

I'm not entirely sure the NHS tribute would be understood by other nations. I think in general it could have been much better. Didn't blow my socks off let alone make the hairs stand up on the back of my neck

I watch up until well in the 'C's of the teams walking out then got bored with it and turned off. I just hope the closing ceremony fairs mucch better. Holy ****!!! The Closing Cereomny...! Have they got anything planned?

I thought the lighting of the cauldron was very good. :good:

Unfortunately I had to sit through a 3 1/2 hour song and dance routine to get there.

I really wanted to watch it and feel as though I was watching something memorable, but it just didn't happen.

Very disappointed overall, so I'll give it 4/10 :/

I stand by my original statement, Beijing was better! that is the type of thing that makes the hair on your neck stand .

Plus you don`t need a degree in interpretative dance or god knows what to figure out what`s going on, also the chinese didn`t have to ensure they showed a mix raced family or ensure no white people appeared without some kind of other ethnic group, talk about bowing down to ethnic groups. Disgusting portrayal.

Having sat through it in the stadium, then watching selected highlights on the TV (courtesy of x32 fast forward) I can honestly say it didn't translate well. It was absolutely stunning live, a breath taking spectacle & magical atmosphere. Having got home, everyone thought I was on something.......having looked at selected excerpts, I can see where they're coming from. C'est la vie!

I still think it was superb, but the only concern I have is that everyone else on earth now thinks the UK is populated by mixed race families who spend their days on mobiles or listening to rap music! :lol:

If you look at the social history Danny portrayed, then going forward into the future, he was bang on correct :blink:

You'll never please everyone, getting anything over a 60% entertained rate is nothing short of amazing work.

I thought it was good, Remember the Greek opening? or the Australian?, of course you don't - You will remember this though.

My wife's late father was a flag carrier in the 1948 Olympics

I still think it was superb, but the only concern I have is that everyone else on earth now thinks the UK is populated by mixed race families who spend their days on mobiles or listening to rap music! :lol:

It is pretty much round here

If you look at the social history Danny portrayed, then going forward into the future, he was bang on correct :blink:

I loved it pretty much from start to finish - Very, very good indeed (aside from Macca).

Arctic Monkeys were a surprise, but came across really well, the cauldron was fantastic and i just loved the whole spectacle.

You'll never please everyone, getting anything over a 60% entertained rate is nothing short of amazing work.

I thought it was good, Remember the Greek opening? or the Australian?, of course you don't - You will remember this though.

Faith restored :good:

Edited by Blunderbuss