Rab,s dogs

ernyha

Thanks ern for posting my pics. Well lads believe it or not my two dogs are brother and sister. They are called Bart and Maggie after the simpsons children. The top pic is Bart the dog and the bottom one is Maggie the bitch. They are six months old and coming on really well, I gave them their first kill last wednesday,a rabbit. The breeding of the pups is bedlington x greyhound dam and deerhound x greyhound sire. The bitch pup is the double of the sire and the dog pup is the double of the dam. I,m hoping to use them for fox's and rabbits on the lamp and fox's during daytime flushed by hounds but they will have to wait before they can see a fox i'm planning to hold them back until they are 15 months old so lads thats my dogs my pride and joy. I know they dont look their breeding but believe me lads thats it. Can't wait to read all your replies.

keep the faith rab

• 3 weeks later...

nice dogs well developed for 6mths,though i think fox at 18mths is to soon

there is a risk involving the entry of any lurcher to fox

you should be concentrating their efforts on lamped rabbits,poss,odd hare

untill approx 2yrs,very few lurchers will engage a fox at all,i know bed's & deer's

are well known for their abillity as fox catchers,just as saluki longdog's are for

capturing hares,but unless great thaught is given to their entering prior to fox or hare,

little may become of them.I have a 8mth ,salukixwhippet,greyhound,24 inches

black & tan,my daughters site,as follows,if link does not work,please search manually.yours saluki

My Webpage