Clay Shoots

PatK100

Hi Folks

Many years ago I used to live in the Derby area and most of my relations still do. Going down to visit is August for a week or so - apart from Doverage and Lowes Lane are there any clay shoots in the Derby area these days.

I seem to remember shooting regularly at a farm on the road between Aston and Chellaston and at the Preist House - Castle Donnington.

Wondered if any of these places are sill going, if they are I thought I would visit some old haunts.

Many thanks

Pat

Hi Folks

Many years ago I used to live in the Derby area and most of my relations still do. Going down to visit is August for a week or so - apart from Doverage and Lowes Lane are there any clay shoots in the Derby area these days.

I seem to remember shooting regularly at a farm on the road between Aston and Chellaston and at the Preist House - Castle Donnington.

Wondered if any of these places are sill going, if they are I thought I would visit some old haunts.

Many thanks

Pat

I don't know if the Priesthouse still has a shoot or not, but you're near East Mids, Kegworth, Hemlock, Sutton Bonington, Foxhills, Wymeswold (at a push).

Edited by kyska

Nottingham Sporting Clays on A614 next to NDGC Carl has taken it over and has SKT, DTL practice whilst NDGChave registered and 100 sporting registered Sundays and 50 sporting and DTL SKT practice Wed til Sat . This Sun 5 Aug first 100 reg £28 b/o. £33 comp. quality tgts cheap food good atmosphere . £100 high gun ! It's a gift.