1,000 pigeons bag on the same field

Topgunners

As a follow up to my earlier post on the 400 pigeons shot on the rape, i have just had a phone call from the farmer to say that the spot where the lads had 203, had been shot earlier that day and the geezer had shot 143.

AND yesterday another guy shot that spot for 184 plus 3 others had over 300 more pigeons in the 2 adjoining fields that I had shot.

Well over 1,000 pigeons down.

Who says never shoot the same field twice might just want to try it lol.

We did (unknowingly)

Dave K

Edited by Topgunners

six of us shot 4 adjoining pea fields in about 77 78 every day running for a 2 weeks in the holidays. We shot and shipped over 3500 pigeons to a game dealer in London by train from Swindon...

I dont suppose we even made a dent in the number of pigeons in the area at that time.

I remember the chap from the local gun shop was delivering us cartridges in the morning from Cirencester in his landrover and we even slept in the hide for two nights...The pea farmer paid for alll the cartridges and he said he would have probabaly been ruined if the pigeons hadnt been kept off the peas for those two weeks.

I saw him regularly until his death a couple of years ago and he always tipped his hat and said Bathchelors to me...remembering that couple of weeks.

happy days..

Edited by Fisherman Mike

six of us shot 4 adjoining pea fields in about 77 78 every day running for a 2 weeks in the holidays. We shot and shipped over 3500 pigeons to a game dealer in London by train from Swindon...

I dont suppose we even made a dent in the number of pigeons in the area at that time.

I remember the chap from the local gun shop was delivering us cartridges in the morning from Cirencester in his landrover and we even slept in the hide for two nights...The pea farmer paid for alll the cartridges and he said he would have probabaly been ruined if the pigeons hadnt been kept off the peas for those two weeks.

I saw him regularly until his death a couple of years ago and he always tipped his hat and said Bathchelors to me...remembering that couple of weeks.

happy days..

Jeez Mike, where was that? No wonder I never shoot many round here, you killed them all off back in the Victorian era :lol: