Ford ranger xlt double cab 2.5

chrispti

2007 any good?

Yeah, why not :yes:

could be wrong but I thinks its £230 as a light commercial.....big problem on those years was dicky diffs blowing and cylinder heads giving up-also very juicy for a diesel truck.

works 2006 rangers seem to be fairing better though

atb

fudd

Just searching the web, cant seem to find anything relating to any common problems. Fuel return seems to be better than other pick ups, apparently 30-35 mpg :hmm:

our fleet workshop looks has looked after 10 rangers from 02-07.Mention the 02 trucks to the mechanics and they all pull the 'ooooh' face. I'd consider one at the right money as a shooting truck but in the knowledge it will cost money. I've driven the 2.5 on an off road course and it performed superbly.Forget 30-35 and expect 30 mpg max at most even when driving like a nun (and I dont me in high heels and stockings.)

our trucks do get a hard life mostly but that does expose the faults.

avoid any ranger used by a builder etc

f.

i have a ford ranger double cab on 02 plate super truck on and off road had no majour probs just clocking up two and a half hundred thousands miles only thing i can say i had problem with is injector pump give up on me but theres pleanty of spears floating around i have num for a chap who break throusands of them

From what I have been reading and from people Iv spoken to, the bad reviews seem to come from work/company owned vehicles, the privately owned ones get good reviews.

Possibly because the work/ company vehicles get thrashed and abused? . . . . . . I know our work vehicles are not particularly ''loved'' :lookaround: