is this the right thing to do px my al391 urika for a hatsan

littlerob

Now that's just being silly. The shells physically won't fit and as such can't be used, everyone knows that. :oops:

But you can shoot some steel through standard barrels without blowing them up, so say BASC and Gamebore amongst others as well as me, having tried it.

Despite Berretta saying they would not, it has been shown that you can, even if you aren't prepared to do so.

So, hardly case closed is it?

you can get a 3 1/2" shell into a 3" chambered semi-auto as my mate nearly made the mistake a couple of years ago,he bought a webley semi-auto new from shop,he wanted a 3 1/2" model but the shop gave him a 3" model in hardwoods camo(my mate didn't realise),it was only at the beginning of a flight when i asked him if he was sure the webley he bought was 3 1/2" because i had an inkling that the webley 3 1/2" model only came in max-4 camo and i was right so my mate was very lucky,he had no problem getting the bigger shells in!,

you can use nearly all 70mm steel(size 4 or smaller) shells in most 2 3/4" or 3" chambered guns but 3" and 2 3/4" hp steel shells should only be used in steel proofed guns,

beretta have said that the al390/al391 were not steel proofed they never said that they "would blow up",it's upto you if you want to take a chance,

andrew

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done on steering your mate away from near disasater.

As I said above, you can use some steel through standard barrels etc etc etc, by that I meant standard pressure loads as advised by many sources.

You've just said that "you can use nearly all 70mm steel(size 4 or smaller) shells in most 2 3/4" or 3" chambered guns", but followed that up with "beretta have said that the al390/al391 were not steel proofed they never said that they "would blow up",it's upto you if you want to take a chance", but you've also said that it's "case closed" due to the email received from GMK saying they wouldn't use it.

Can you not see the contradictions here?

Long and short of it as far as I'm concerned is that I have no issues with putting standard loads through my Beretta A301 despite it not being steel proofed. You don't have to if you don't want to and everybody else can make their own informed choice.

• 4 weeks later...

How about you learn to clean the AL391 and can you not buy a steel proof barrel for it? Is it a 3" chamber? would be odd for it not to be steel proof but they may be down to the proof test carried out rather than the ability of the gun!

HI SEE MY POSTS AND KEEP THE BERETTA, I HAVE A GAS STRIP DOWN MANUAL FREE TO DOWNLOAD FOR EVERYONE ON HERE STEP BY STEP PHOTOS, THIS WILL MAKE SURE IT CYCLES EVERY TIME, UNLESS YOU HAVE A BENT CARRIER..