magpie headshot at 90 yards+

Benr

hi guys i have paned and zoomed in best i could magpie hit at 90 yards plus with a springer my beaut :)

for many reasons and everyones view is different i would always back a springer over a pcp anyday of the week

enjoy the very short video and rewatch if needed

Apologies for not being able to talk in codes like you two's :D but any chance you could explain how that was 90+ yards :unsure: apart from taking your good selfs estimate that is!

It looks no more than 40 yards at best, and if it was any where near 90 yards it would most certainly be a foolish shot to attempt with a sub 12 ft lbs; springer or otherwise.

The only thing a springer is better at is having self contained power source, believe me.

1. range finder so not 40 yards as the video says paned and zoomed 92 yards. 2.the shot was a clean kill no pain, 3.i will only take a shot like that if i think i have a 9/10 chance 3.like i said all feedback welcome even the trolls questions solved x

Apologies for not being able to talk in codes like you two's :D but any chance you could explain how that was 90+ yards :unsure: apart from taking your good selfs estimate that is!

It looks no more than 40 yards at best, and if it was any where near 90 yards it would most certainly be a foolish shot to attempt with a sub 12 ft lbs; springer or otherwise.

The only thing a springer is better at is having self contained power source, believe me.

1. range finder so not 40 yards as the video says paned and zoomed 92 yards. 2.the shot was a clean kill no pain, 3.i will only take a shot like that if i think i have a 9/10 chance 3.like i said all feedback welcome even the trolls questions solved x

are you saying that if there were 10 magpies at 92 yards you would cleanly kill 9 of them :hmm:

lets see a video of you shooting 10x £1 coins at 92 yrds :rolleyes:

andrew

That is not 92 yards.

More like 29 yards.

At the 4/5 second mark you can see the side of the window the shot's taken from, which gives a good perspective of the tree, and it's nowhere near the claimed distance. :hmm:

Shame you weren't man enough to put the whole cowardly post on public display but felt it better to be abusive by PM!

That's 92 yards only in your dreams, son, :yes: £1k grand says you couldn't hit 8x10 pound coins at that range, lets see who is the troll. Oh and then we'll at least get to know your name hey?

So what is the kinetic energy of the said pellet at 92yds?

My bet is it is not enough to break skin never mind skulls!

If the answer indicates the rifle is actually although unwittingly an FAC suggest stop bragging remove video and get it to RFD before you end up in nick.

So what is the kinetic energy of the said pellet at 92yds?

My bet is it is not enough to break skin never mind skulls!

If the answer indicates the rifle is actually although unwittingly an FAC suggest stop bragging remove video and get it to RFD before you end up in nick.

oh a 12ft lb gun can kill a magpie at said distance IF its hit in the brain box. The retained energy depends on stability, calibre, weight and BC. Balistic programs will generally be unreliable due to the stability issue in the main.

The issue is totally in hitting the target, which as any who have tried to shoot extreame ranges will know is way beyond the capabilities of the hardware in question.

My 30ft lb rapid holds 15 ft lb with my chosen pellets at 100yds, but i cannot get it to shoot anywere near enough to acceptable to point it at anything living

The issue here is for every fool that makes such a claim, there is one who believes it, one who thinks they can and so tries it for themselves and another who says airguns should be banned as they are too dangerous :rolleyes: for some a rubber cell is too dangerous ;)

Bored with this one already, Stupid shot, ill conceived, if this is North of the border people like this should perhaps be assessed and regulated, how many misses or inhumane shots have been taken to achieve this rubbish..... this plays right into the hands of the Anti-Gun Brigade....... Oh and by the way I am North of the border and I am trying to fight Scottish Parliament on new proposed legislation, but shots like that well !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The issue here is for every fool that makes such a claim, there is one who believes it, one who thinks they can and so tries it for themselves and another who says airguns should be banned as they are too dangerous :rolleyes: for some a rubber cell is too dangerous ;)

:good: :good:

Actually magpies are pretty delicate things and will often succumb to good body shots at great range, I have killed hundreds with a 16.5 ft lbs HW 90 in .22 but as has been mentioned the issue is not really the retained KE but whether this sort of shot should even be attempted at silly ranges. Our OP has denied us a great chance of an Olympic medal by keeping his talent hidden.

I was shooting my twelve ft lb theoben this week. Set up a knock down crow target at 35 yards. After plenty of hits in the "kill" zone and reset disc. I fired a few shots at 100 yards, just out of interest really. I shot at a marker on a piece of ply wood about 3 ft x 4 ft. The first three shots failed to reach the board, falling just short. Aiming then, at the top edge of the board, the shots landed around four feet low, right at the bottom of the board. I can't see how an accurate shot could be taken at that distance or eight yards less for that matter, with a 12ft lb air rifle. :no:

hi guys i have paned and zoomed in best i could magpie hit at 90 yards plus with a springer my beaut :)

for many reasons and everyones view is different i would always back a springer over a pcp anyday of the week

What a load of **** How many springers do you see in FT or HFT **** all. :mad:

He needs to act his age 39 and stop talking ****. :crazy:

And stop taking redicules shots with no regard for a humane kill or what is beyond the tree line. :angry:

Even the gun sounds like a piece of ****. :sad1:

Whats next a vid of him shooting at a fox with an air rifle. :sad1:

Sorry Ben but no springer comes close to the precision of a PCP rifle-Fact!

As to taking a shot at any live quarry with an Air-Rifle,at you say 92 yards is IMO irresponsible!Your more probably likely to injure the animal than kill it cleanly which as hunters we have a job to dispatch the animal cleanly!