magpie headshot at 90 yards+

Benr

Some people like to talk a good story up and yes we all dive into the fray to make our points, but legitiamte shot or not, this type of post just doesnt help the sport in the eyes of the anti shoot lobbyist. The next thing we will know they will obtain the posters IP address and it will be in the papers with the anti lobbiests all pointing fingers and putting more pressure on goverment. Low and behold we all then have to have licences to hold air rifles. More money for the goverment and less fun for everyone.

Mods please pull this post. Its foolish and a waste of time to have in on the forumn IMO. Rant over- back to more interesting stuff.

damm you have beat us my best was a rabbit running at 87 yards with a gat gun gun with darts in when i was 12 should have made the England squad back in 96 but had a cold and my nana wood not let me out what a load of **** this thread is 92 my ***

be lucky if it was 45 do you smoke weed my little troll bet its lez G on the prowl lol

Edited by swiss.tony

damm you have beat us my best was a rabbit running at 87 yards with a gat gun gun with darts in when i was 12

Ahh remember the days of the Gat, I can beat that though! 95 yard Sparrow with a special red dart :lol:

Perhaps the range finder was reading 35 yards to the base of the Tree :unsure: and he paced the the other 60 odd yards out to the branch with sticky boots :lol:

So what is the kinetic energy of the said pellet at 92yds?

My bet is it is not enough to break skin never mind skulls!

If the answer indicates the rifle is actually although unwittingly an FAC suggest stop bragging remove video and get it to RFD before you end up in nick.

Have a look at cubleycat on YOU TUBE she shoots loads of rats and as a HW 100 in .177 sub 12 ftlb. :drool:

One of the test she dose is shooting bake bean tins at a lasered 200yds. :yes:

She has to pack a scope mount and tries different pellets some of the pellets puncher one side of a tin but Daystate heavies went right through the tins at 200 yds from a sub 12 ftlb gun. :yes:

So a pellet is still carrying a lot of kinetic energy at 200 yds from a 11.9 ftlb rifle. :yes:

Don`t get me wrong i never shoot at live vermin beyond 50 yds max. :yes:

But its good to see just how accurate your rifle can be at long range on paper or steel knock down targets. :good:

To be honest pal that shot may be truth full,but we all can do a good shot on the day,its doing it again and again that counts,but allot of people on here will judge you by there standards and not yours...But saying that 90 yard is a long way for a springer especially at 12ft lbs...

The energy retained at 90 yards would roughly be 5.5ft/lbs but would require about 35 inches of hold over in .22 or 21 inches with .177 with a 30 yard zero. i dont know to many responsible shooters who would of attempted a shot like that on live quarry.

Not going top join in on the slagging off Benr or debate the range or feasibility of the shot but I would advise a little more caution on what you post-the clip has done no-one any favours.BTW-my shooting partner(banned from this forum-sadly missed)is one of the finest shots I have ever met-I watched him take a Rabbit at spot on 100 yards with a HW100 last year so I know it can be done-I struggle at 40 yards!Our last trip to Cambridge resulted in 40 bunnies-5 were mine!!

:mad: JUST LOOK IT UP ON YOU TUBE BEFORE YOU COMMENT AND WHAT IS THE LINK SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT ****HEAD. :balloon:

CUBLEYCAT DOSE A LOT OF GUN AND PELLET TEST AT 100YDS AND 200YDS. :good:

I WAS AMAZED AT THE 200 YDS SHOTS AND THE DAMAGE BUT SEEING IS BELIEVING. :yes:

SHE EVEN SHOWS YOU THE ANGLE OF THE GUN SHOOTING AT THAT RANGE. :yes:

WHY WOULD YOU COMMENT WITHOUT LOOKING IT UP FIRST STUPID ***. :wacko:

I think this thread needs to be Closed!It shows there are a lot of irresponsible people out there taking shots at riddiculous ranges at live quarry which IMO totally unacceptable!

I don't know, <_< , maybe it just shows there are a lot of people out there who can't separate controlled test conditions with dozens of trial and error set ups, hundreds of practice shots, hundreds of misses etc, with real life?!

I expect if you sat on a hill and shot at a tin can 400 yards below with the right set up, you'd eventually hit the mark, and I still wouldn't want to offer my palm as the target :D , but what's that got to do with reality?

:mad: JUST LOOK IT UP ON YOU TUBE BEFORE YOU COMMENT AND WHAT IS THE LINK SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT ****HEAD. :balloon:

Just click the "our take" button, and you can have a clear view about pellet energy and distance. Tests are al taken with "fac" airguns.

Never trust the Tube mate :D

I Agree 100% this type of post does airgunning no good at all,

please Mods lock it /delete it

regards brian

Couldnt agree more ,its all very well arguing amongst ourselves but i think we should occasionaly take time to remember that this is an open public forum, and as such is open to the anti-brigade .Such posts and subsuquent videos /reports do little to enhance our reputation among the p.c. anti gun groups .

Bored with this one already, Stupid shot, ill conceived, if this is North of the border people like this should perhaps be assessed and regulated, how many misses or inhumane shots have been taken to achieve this rubbish..... this plays right into the hands of the Anti-Gun Brigade....... Oh and by the way I am North of the border and I am trying to fight Scottish Parliament on new proposed legislation, but shots like that well !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn`t agree more with you. :good:

I think its high time this post should be shut down by the mods its caused enough grief and razed the blood pressure of many responsible shooters on here. :yes:

All its doing is now is giving the anti-gun-brigade fuel. :sad1:

They removed the fox shot with an air rifle PDQ this is on the same irresponsible lines. :yes: