world sporting

mikeyp

Returning to the thread about "THE WORLD SPORTING", does anyone know why there was NO mastercard provided to the Refs on the second day !!!

This is one of the main factors which the CPSA stipulates to grounds when holding Registered events ???

I think it was something to do with the skeet vest numbers all being given out wrongly. The only time we were asked for our numbers was on the stand were the photographer was based, otherwise he wouldn't have know who was who for selling the piccies. from Auntie.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that answer ed, that just about sums it up !!!.

Hi optima, our squad also shot the Blue (Promatic) coure on the Sunday, 1st squad rotation & we NEVER had any mastercards :no: :no:

can,t say for sure if they were on every stand but definetly on our last stand of the day the simo going away pair as i was looking how many straights were on there, and ref got bit confused to say the least.

Dyson, probably the best course designer/target setter in the country........

Compare the last 2 world sporting events at Lakenheath against others & see who prefered what ????

No disorganised shoot offs, all run within time, no one struggling to hear who shot what in a shoot off which resembled a county event !!!!

How things have changed in 2 years ???

Did you forget the 150 shooters waiting because of a broken trap and not being allowed to leap frog, i have no doubt when he puts his mind to it he is one of the best course designers around. In spite of that Lakenheath was a good shoot, target wise, its just that it was shot to hell before that so there was not much interest in the course.

Dennis

They should run the White Gold Cup again, easy format and great fun too...also enjoyed the Browning Masters. Off topic I know, but it seems to me the shoots from years ago had something about them whereas the big shoots today are just like any other sunday with the exception of a larger entry fee...This sport of our isn't moving forward :-(

Yes atmosphere is what is lacking nowadays i think. The Americans get this right, we don't.

Target wise I think this year was right for a world championship- not dozens of mid to high 90s on each course, no mid 80s from c class shooters, and targets that need to be worked for not hit without any real skill or effort.

There were a couple of gripes and the organisation/prizegiving was poor but the shoot itself was what it should have been. Intimately better than Lakehurst in my view but John was very much limited by the ground there as it is so flat. John, steve, arnie and mark Russell can all set great shoots, perhapsone day they can be given 50 targets each on a shoot and then you would have an interesting 200 birder!

I couldn't belive there was no lights in the marque. These events have to be staged on an impressive ground, but not for 700 shooters, its just not viable, double the entry , have more days put it on a reconised ground with all facilities or some posh estate with stunning facilities . If it has to be some prestigious estate like Somerly or Somerleyton, or even Sandringham, the CPSA has 2 years to prepare for it, make a huge effort to get more countries taking part. After the Olympics i can now see the advantage in staging them in our capital....The CPSA could even stage the event in France, it would take a big sponsor, perhaps Renault or Citeron, after all its supposed to be the World Sporting.

Dennis

Get real Dennis, this IS the cpsa you're talking about Lol And what do the French know about English Sporting, or are you suggesting British target setters do the job in France, adding even more expence for the shooter, far better to do things right on home soil. With a few trade stands and more effort Sommerley would have been a great shoot, certainly nothing wrong with the targets in my view. I'd rather shoot a green field site, as long as it's the right one than a established ground you can shoot any weekend.

I was taking the mick, its a world event that never goes anywhere else, but UK and USA. I think the French would take to it , the majority of French shooters are more or less like Basc shooters, they don't get out much, shoot 28 inch barrells or at best 30 , mostly they are where we were 40 years ago just shoot a few clays when the game season is closed. They have fell out with fitasc, so a good time to get them into it. Why not invite them to nexts year Home International as guests as the CPSA did with the swedes when they started the Fitasc Home Internationals. Rabot would be a fantastic ground to kick things off.

Dennis

Maybe the clue is in the title.

CPSA / NCSA World Sporting Championship.

If you want English Sporting to go global then you need to play in the other league. ICTSF. Biggest load of rubbish ever set up.

Main countries who shoot English Sporting are US and us. That is the historic situation. It is ok to say take it global but few other countries are interested.