Springer pups are on the way!

Well it seems like 5 minuets ago i drove to the Midlands to pick a liver springer bitch puppy for my mum aka (Kali) now three years on mum has decided it would be nice to have a litter from her (with a little gentle persuasion from me :good: )

Kali is well bred her sire is Will Clulee's FTCH dog Saturns Spirit

moss.png

We had waited for the right litter to come along and had the second pick so Kali was chosen (pup on the right)

iphone108.jpg

Now aged almost 3 with bags of go and a nice style to her.

KALI__3.jpg

Next we had to find a stud? ???? ???? ?????

Around here most people are using the same dogs so we decided a trip further a felid was needed, i didn't think Scotland was on the menu though!!! but if you very meet my mum Scotland was very much on the menu :no: 810 miles latter the deed was done the lucky boy was David Lisett's FTCH Buccleuch Pepper

.imagesCAXYJTHR.jpg

You can see him here in action http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfzLrCAU550

After 30 days Kali was of to the vets for a scan, the vet looked very pleased and said "a belly full" we think she has 8 pups, now day 41 she is getting very fat eating like a horse :drool:

024.jpg

Will keep you posted

Paddy

I've seen the stud dog you have used work a few times... If the pups turn out half as good as the sire then u will have a very good dog!

If their trained as well as the sire is then they will be as good! Sounds like a cracking litter, hope all goes well.

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings,

They have arrived.

Friday Kali was really unsettled lots of panting and nesting but no pushing she carried on like this all night and Saturday am, I took her out for a wee at 4ish and in true Kali fashion mid way through her wee she decided let's have a puppy in the garden, so got her and number 1 back inside and settled down 2 hours later number 2 arrived and that was the pattern for the night every 2 hours a puppy final tally 8! 4 dogs 4 bitches and a nice mix of colours 3 b/w 5 l/w

Cheers Paddy

D21E3431-CB1B-4F6D-AFB3-350FCB8BF236-133-000000F5ED785952.jpg

DA295FCD-078A-4522-B846-3A76C16DE6F6-133-000000FC56BBB8AC.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

They have grown so fast, now 14 days old eyes didn't open until yesterday but are up on their feet walking like chameleons I think the next few weeks could be interesting!

I might have 2 or 3 to find homes for but I need to pick mine first.

5F4278D0-88C0-4683-AE1F-9B4BC013A8B0-110-0000001C6F5D728D.jpg

Let me know ASAP if you got black dog before nephew has to look for another please Paddy.atb Terry

good luck with pups my youngest bitch maisey is from the same sire staturn spirit and she is a good hunting dog and has the look of you bitch anyone wanting to have a look at what stamp of dog the pups might make can look at a little video of maisey .P/P hope you don't mind me giving your pups a plug.It's in this section under blind retrieve

Edited by scutt

• 3 weeks later...

I love them all.

Brings back happy memories of our litter. Hard work at times and trials with people that really wanted one but their partners didn't and then pulled out but in the end they went to good shooting homes/owners that loved them and cared for them. We kept one bitch for ourselves and she is a right cracker. Drives the wife mad and frequently goes deaf to her command except she can hear a biscuit wrapper at two hundred yards. knowing little blighter.

• 2 weeks later...