rotary in hard ground

adam1

It's a problem we all face when the ground is that hard. Happens with hide poles and even decoy sticks.

I used to carry a big screwdriver and mallet with me. Make starter holes then stand on it, jump up and down like a lunatic cursing my head off.

Hope that helps :no:

Edited by Cosd

this will make u laugh, last year i think its was any way, i was new to this rough shootin stuff and i went with mate to set up and had trouble getting hide pole in ground, mate said ' what you need is a b....y kango its that hard' i said ah hang on i have bought one along ( being an x boys scout) out comes the cordless with 15mm orger bit in, job done.

well i never lived that down mate was pi.....g laughing and told everyone at local club.

ps i dont carry it around now too busy carry all other stuff lol

i can drive on the fields at the mo and had already thought of a cardless drill / driver. i have used them in the past for hide poles, its easy when you can drive to your site to carry things like that isnt it :ermm: but now in my kit are a big screwdriver and hammer, cheers

made a mate a replacement base for his magnet after his buckled.

it will outlast his magnet now, has been hammered, jumped on etc etc and still going strong.

almost marketed them too! good for hard/frozen ground or soft ground.

for hide poles look up "dinsmore syndicate bank stick" and look for the long ones with a

spiral on the end. mine had 3yrs hard work and never failed.....pity they got nicked!

Another method I use is to use my hide poles to make holes for the magnet. My hide poles come with a very good spike and strong tread plate. So I tread my magnet into the ground enough to mark the holes, then use one of my hide poles to create pilot holes to press the magnet into.

Usually when you break through the first couple of inches being the hard layer it's softer underneath.

Cos