Wanted 12 Bore o/u 32" sporter shotgun, mint condition

joecash

Im in Nottingham and am looking for either of the following guns

Firsty a 12 bore o/u Miroku MK38 Sporter with back bored 32 inch barrels, 3" chambers no more than 3 year old with nice wood, Grade 3 or 5, with recoil pad preferably ISIS type, must be mint, Please dont offer the "lino" look stock that's on most grade 1's these days.

or secondly a Silver Pigeon III sporter with recoil pad

or thirdly a Beretta Prevail 3 game scene engraved with kick off.

No shortened stocks please

My SGC homeinspection is on 28th of this month. The licence should be with me that night or within 10 working days so i'm told.

Grateful for any offers

Thanks

Joe

Edited by joecash

Hello,

Perhaps an alternative choice?

I have an absolute "mint condition" Beretta Silver Pigeon V which comes with all the bits as supplied from new including 7 + years left on the GMK extended warranty which is transferable.

Fabulous gun with gorgeous wood and not a mark on it, only fired about 250 shots in it's life.

One of the nicest Beretta SP5's I have come across.

However it's a 30" Barell.

Looking for £1425.00

Hello Dedabler,

thanks for the offer but im looking for the 32" barells and although the V has nice wood i'm after the traditional "silver" gamescene - not into these "modern" designs and the "burnished blackish" finish to be found on a lot of actions these days.

Thanks for taking the time to respond, much appreciated.

Joe

Hi HDAV,

why not indeed, havent really looked at those, I know miroku make them but they have so many models and, to tell the truth, im not that clued up on them, not that i know much about the others apart from shooting them and the little bit of knowledge that is a dangerous thing!! Be pleased for any advice

Joe

Edited by joecash

MY advice is go to some local shops that have facilities to "try before you buy" try plenty buy once! Browning 525 is probably what your looking at possibly an Ultra or Cynergy the standard stock dimension of Browning are different to beretta and generally one will suit better than the other Miroku are different again, Higher in the comb and straighter in the stock normally. If you can get some advice from who has been giving you lessons.

IF your tall with a long neck Miroku tends to suit better, If you are shorter beretta can fit better has more cast generally, square build browning. These are massive generalisations! ALso assume previous owner has had them adjusted which is an option that adds a few £ to the cost, if you are tall with long neck well worth hunting down a gun with an adjustable comb.

"Gun Shop Rugby" has a decent choice (where i bought mine) and has a clay ground BArby sporting where you can try them out, worth ringing in advance and of course need to wait for your ticket... http://www.barbysporting.com/Pages/default.aspx GOrdon the owner of the shop and ground is very good and will go through fit etc with you if required I had an impromptu lesson while testing a Beretta and Browning!

Edited by HDAV

HDAV,

thanks for your help once again, your missive is most hepful.

Shaun,

I deliberately didnt give a price range, just waiting on offers. Like everybody I know what they cost roughly, just dont want to encourage chancer offers for rubbish. I dont expect to get £10 note for a fiver.

Will this be the first shotgun you have owned, as you seam to be very specific in the grade and the shotgun? One thing that may be of concern is that you want either miruko or beretta, the cast on these guns are different in that browning / miruko have a fairly streight cast and the beretta's have a bigger cast.

This can cause problems for some for instance with me when I mount a browning or miruko I am looking down the side of the barrels (not good), with most beretta's I look down the rib (good).

If this is your first gun I would concentrate more on getting a gun that is the most suitable for you, grade and appearence is a secondary feature and just a bonus if it happens to be a better grade. You could then use the money saved, to spend on lessons and cartridges. Also if you don't know an experianced shooter that knows about gun handling, it could welll be worth taking a coach or instrucor with you to help find the most suitable gun for you, although some may charge for this.

You may even find that you could end up changing the gun within the first year as your gun mount and stance improves over the time.

Edit

While barrel selection is a personal thing, barrel lengths like 32" or 34" may be considered by some as more suitable for trap shooting rather than skeet or sporting layouts, some even may consider my game gun with 30" barrels to long for game shooting, but its my personal preferance and how they handle for me.

Edited by BerettaSV10

As another note, I find Beretta's too slim in the grip and action,

I just cant get on with the likes of the "E" series at all

I prefer the fuller action/grip of the Browning/Miroku, however the new 725 Brownings seem to be going down the slimmer fit route,

Both the above posters make very good points

:shaun:

Edited by shaun4860

My first gun was a beretta second hand went to a large gunshop that advertises in sporting gun told me it fitted well shot it for a while not bad but then few gun coaches told me was a left hand cast ( I'm right) do did not fit at all, tried few other guns from York guns and fond browning better they even let you borrow shop guns for few days just take your licence in so you can get the feel of them, miroku was too wide on the stock but browning was spot on.