Caged Fox

walshie

Last year I had trouble with a family of foxes living in my garden and sh1tting everywhere. The smell was terrible, so I got a man with a cage round to sort them out. 4 in a week, and the smell stopped. Until now that is. The final straw. I have just gone in the garden and stepped in a fresh fox **** right outside my back door and it is all mashed into the stitching on my favourite mocassin slippers! :sad1:

It is obviously expensive to get a pro round again so I was thinking about doing it myself.

I only have a closed FAC at the moment, so I was considering borrowing a mate's .410 hushpower and buying myself a cage.

My question is: What cartridge would I need for short-range shooting of said fox so as to be as humane as possible and cause as little destruction to the cage as I can? Estimated range about 6".

I know it would have to be a subsonic 2" cart, but what shot size and load?

Any advice much appreciated.

**** slippers.

Edit to say: Now bought a .410 for myself.

Edited by Teal

The combs sound like a good idea. I'm already aware of how much they can kick up as I witnessed the last 4 meet their maker. I've just been in the garden this morning and it smells rotten! Can't say I'll miss that. At least I don't own slippers after yesterday. If I tread in any more ****, it will be in flop-flops. :cry1:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, got my first one in the cage yesterday morning. A largish vixen, but she looked young and was in excellent condition.

Fortunately she came over to the bars to see what I was holding, so the gun was no more than 6" from her head.

Only using 2" 9 gram no.6 cartridges, but it was completely instantaneous and mess free, and didn't even wake the neighbours.

No poop on my patio this morning, but I have left the cage out in case she was one of many.

Well, got my first one in the cage yesterday morning. A largish vixen, but she looked young and was in excellent condition.

Fortunately she came over to the bars to see what I was holding, so the gun was no more than 6" from her head.

Only using 2" 9 gram no.6 cartridges, but it was completely instantaneous and mess free, and didn't even wake the neighbours.

No poop on my patio this morning, but I have left the cage out in case she was one of many.

:good:

Thats all you need for foxes in a cage 2" shells in a 410 works every time