Lord Coe

four-wheel-drive

There are some higher Gongs that they could give him. (Two I think)

He already is a lord, His has a knighthood, and also an OBE.

There are two higher one that they could give him. I'm not sure of there names now. But One is the personal gift of the queen so that one would be unto her. there is also the other one. That one our old PM Mrs T has.

but with both of the higher Gongs they can only be held by a max number of people at only one time. So it depends If anyone has died In the last few years and not been replaced.

Both of these Gongs are the highest Ones that can be given out to people under our system. To get one means you really are the best of what ever or you have gone something really Big and good.

The Bloke who Really invented the internet has the one that the Queen can give out as a personal Gift.

So the question is should Lord Coe Have one of these Top Gongs given to Him ?

I for one think this whole title thing is a load of **** I refuse to call anyone by any title except mr/mrs/miss its like ex army people he was a captain for six months in the army and expects to be called captain for the rest of his life I would ban the lot ok you can if you like give people medals like the French and Americans but title no way.

As it would seem that he has made a success of organising the Olympic Games and as the powers that be tend to like to give there chums Gongs for doing things as he is Lord Coe will he now become old King Coe.

Makes my blood boil he didn't organise owt ,there were thousands of people doing there bit including me and get no praise (not that we want any) why should he get a well done

To labour and not to ask for any reward - except praise for a job well done. I'd admire him more if he didnt get an honour and says he did it for his country and nothing else/

The team did a grand job and deserve fullsome praise but perhaps thats it ?

Makes my blood boil he didn't organise owt ,there were thousands of people doing there bit including me and get no praise (not that we want any) why should he get a well done

LOL! Without his drive and commitment there probably wouldn't have been a London Olympics!

He's the figurehead or if you like the CEO, as said he would have been castigated if it had gone belly up, so why wouldn't he get the recognition for a job well done... the alternative would be say a £1.5 million performance bonus, would you prefer that?

LOL! Without his drive and commitment there probably wouldn't have been a London Olympics!

He's the figurehead or if you like the CEO, as said he would have been castigated if it had gone belly up, so why wouldn't he get the recognition for a job well done... the alternative would be say a £1.5 million performance bonus, would you prefer that?

Put it another way it was his job so people keep saying ,

and here was me thinking the Olympics actually cost this Country (did it achieve an economic benefit as promised?) ..... I must be mistaken. Oh and didnt He used to be something to do with the National Pistol Association.... Grrrrrr

Yup, he turned tail and ran when he realised there was no mileage (pardon the pun) in it after dunblane........... prepared to bet he's made a tidy sum from the games too

Best Olympics in living history is the general consensus...and all you want to do is slag off the man that was the driving force behind it!

Why is it that some people just can't bear other peoples success? Pathetic jealousy IMO.

I agree, enjoyed the olympics immensely......... dont like Coe, never did.Pathetic, no. Jealous, No. Resentful, possibly. Correct, undoubtedly !!!! Stand by my comments too........ was it Panorama did an investiagtion into our bid, the creation of an offshore company (one of the benefits of this being not having to divulge too much financial info - convenient, I'd say)

I was not knocking the guy I think he did a good job even if some of you do not. my grumble is the titles that these people get most of them not satisfied with having more money than most of us would no what to do with we are then expected to call them lord or lady or sir just to rub it in that they are better than us (in there dreams)

If it wasnt for great statesmen like Coe...we probably wouldnt all be here today....

Did anyone else notice the Churchillian inflection to his final speech ? The lowered tone of the last word of the sentence was nicked straight from We Will Fight on the Beaches..

He obviously did a good job though.

he was refering to the Ladies Volleyball.....

I was hoping he might have finished with...."Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. but it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."

Edited by Fisherman Mike