driven game and 15 year olds

hi i was just wondering if any of you have any young guns on your gun team as i know a lad who wants to become a full or half gun on our local syndicate

can't say i have seen any guns of this age on the syndicates i have been involved with,but i have seen many 15 year old beaters have there turn on keepers day and they have been well manered, safe and have shot better than many of the older guns :)

We have a "Dads and lads " day as well. Its great to see the youngsters behaving well and in some cases showing up the fathers!.

Any spare places are taken by the youngest beaters we have.

We need to encourage the youngsters as much as we can !

we have a lad who came a few times as a guest last year, at 15,

this year at 16 he has a full gun, been beating for us since he could walk, I co signed his application when he was 14,

it all depends on the lad, there are a few adults i will not shoot next to,

Admittedly I had been beating since I was 6 and started shooting around 10ish. I took a half gun on a walk/stand shoot at 15. In truth the shoot was very kind and I was shooting most weekends before I was 15 anyway. It gets to a stage where you're split between being a youngster and almost an adult gun so it was only right to join and pay the same as everyone else. As long as you're safe enough it should be fine.

My pals lad has a full gun this season at 11 yrs old, will be 12 in the middle of the season. He will show up alot of shots i have no doubt, and has shot on the line since he was 10, his gun safety and etiquette is far better than a lot of adults I've shot along side.

On one of the big shoots I beat on there is a 12 year old and a 17 year old.The youngest gets to shoot when his Dad lets him,the older one is a full gun.On beaters day there are six lads and a girl shooting;ages vary between 13 and 17.

In our syndicate there is a 17 year old full gun.Great to see them all.

My eldest shot last beaters day aged 11, and had his first duck and pheasant. I stood behind him all the time and made sure he was safe. As long as the gun is safe then the age doesn't really matter. We have all seen adult guns that are a liability!!

I've seen more adults guns I don't want to go near than I have children. I believe it's all to do with respect but that's just me. Oh and a 12 year old probable still believes the keeper will eat him if he does something wrong.

I've seen more adults guns I don't want to go near than I have children. I believe it's all to do with respect but that's just me. Oh and a 12 year old probable still believes the keeper will eat him if he does something wrong.

:lol: You must have seen the keeper on our shoot, he could eat me and i am 6ft and gert big