The Midland

ernyha

Nice to meet up with the lads :D ...and Sniper was there again! (and forgot my doggie bag B) ...he knows what I mean! :P )

Sorry we could'nt talk for long, it just seemed to go mental when the PW crowd appeared!! , but it was a great show all round and you were all welcome to a beer.

At the end of the show, when everybody was closing up, guess who came back for one last beer?................. :D ........lol...theres a clue!!

See you at the next one. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Col Pol,

Just seem to be a bit busy lately.

Plus I've gone hoarse from practising with that new WAM squealer.......it bloody works though. I can do a mouse call up to a full blown dying rabbit now. :D

I've got some land where there is no fox shooting etc so when I go on it I just have a play calling them in. Patience is the key methinks.

Plus I've been doing a bit of pigeonning.............I make a bloody good birdscarer if anyone wants one. Todays result was one pigeon...........but it was worth waiting for as it came straight into the decoys. :D

That A.R.P. , is the secret top notch tool for us professional fox control boys, Sniper and I hooked up at the game fair and he looked a bit foxy :D:D Well at least Ern thought so, so I showed him some of the tricks.

It looks like I lost a buddy to a call, now know what my missus feels like when I'm in the shed practicing with my other calls. B) :P

Leon and A.R.P........... (A.R.P...have you started using the coat mate ?...getting colder !)

If I may answer for Col Pol.

He put me onto this call. It is a bigger variation of the Oz tin button call with the hole in the centre.

They can be viewed and bought at www.sherlocks-country-store.co.uk

I have the Oz call and never had much success with it. Somehow the Wam makes a better noise and you can use it, as I said, from a mouse squeak to a full blown dying rabbit.

One thing I have learned with it ,is that fox calling is all about patience. Don't just expect them to come running in after the first squeal. I now spend up to 15 mins calling in one area.

Leon,

No worries mate.

No I haven't tried the Primos screamer........just out of interest where do you get one from and how does that one work ?

One of those electronic calls was on sale at the Midland. Think there were two Irish lads selling it. I'm not sure of the price though. From the bit I heard as I was walking by it sounded good. It had numerous calls on it.

Sniper me mate,Just come back from pigeon shooting ,64,but a lot of young amongst them.Went out Wednesday night foxing,alas the cloud they forcast to hide the moon did not appear but managed to account for one dog fox despite it being like daylight.One plus factor though was that the coat really did work. :lol::lol::lol: All the best A.R.P.

Sniper

The electronic caller was going out at £150 on the day, and £160 if you ordered it to be posted to you. I must say the calls were very lifelike, especially the magpie. I picked up one of their flyers and I'll try to find it as it has their address and phone number on if anyone is interested. I'm pretty certain that it is in Ireland somewhere.

I must say that I'm not sure on the legal aspects of it. Can it be construed as a tape? Apparently the sound is made up of syntesised notes. I'd be interested to hear from you legal eagles on this one.