Very impressed with this bit of kit

Cosd

I saw this hide seat in a magazine a while back but thought it was pricey.

Saw it in a gunshop on Monday and was very impressed. Very comfortable. At full height is almost like a stall, and the independent height adjustment on the legs means it should cope with any terrain, unlike my bucket seat which only likes flat ground.

Folds to nothing and very light!

Anyone use one, good and or bad points? I know it's expensive.

http://shootingnews.fieldandrurallife.com/magazines/shooting-news-magazine/magazine/2012/august-12/3348-new-bergara-folding-seat-.html

Cos

Edited by Cosd

It does look like a comfortable seat and the independently adjustable legs and back rest, are a big plus.

The price does make you think twice (especially as my kids have grown up and left home, meaning they are not available to be sold, although I might be able to persuade the memsahib to part with a kidney).

It will be interesting to get feedback after someone has used one for a few months.

Hi Cos, I had this seat bought for me as a present from my daughter!!!!. I suffered a slip disk a few years ago and sitting for prolongled periods occasionally makes my back ache. The back rest has made life so much better and I feel far more comfortable shooting. As stated in your link, it breaks down and transportation is a doddle. Its extremely light and I find it to be of solid construction. I`m so impressed with it I intend to take it Duck shooting as well. Yes, it is expensive but because its helped my back problem along with its solid contruction I personally feel its well worth the money. The adjustable legs have been brilliant and the 360 seat is great. Recommended! :good:

Hi Cos, I had this seat bought for me as a present from my daughter!!!!. I suffered a slip disk a few years ago and sitting for prolongled periods occasionally makes my back ache. The back rest has made life so much better and I feel far more comfortable shooting. As stated in your link, it breaks down and transportation is a doddle. Its extremely light and I find it to be of solid construction. I`m so impressed with it I intend to take it Duck shooting as well. Yes, it is expensive but because its helped my back problem along with its solid contruction I personally feel its well worth the money. The adjustable legs have been brilliant and the 360 seat is great. Recommended! :good:

Thanks for that Yoggi

I'm suffering myself and I'll probably invest in one of these.

Could you tell us what minimum and maximum heights it adjusts please, can't see it on the site. Also is it plastic or aluminium?

Cos

Currently Cos use's his wallet to place under the leg of his shooting stool, to even the ground up.

On one occasion when I went out with Cos, I had forgotten my shooting stool, and used Cos's wallet to sit on, but my head was too high above the netting.

That was only after having tried yours we were almost in the standing position, so we settled for my much thinner one.