vw transporter bed

mickanles

i will take some pics of mine if you want ,i made my own ,its like a parcel shelf and folds out as a bed ,i got a caravel seat from ebay and the bed is tucked behind it ,and got a folding mattress from ikea ,wood cost £70 mattress cost £69 seat was £70,ok if your good at DIY save a bit of cash ;-)

when i come home from work i will upload some pics for you and if you want to go this way ,i will give you a low down how to build it ;-) ,i use this sort because it gives you more storage room in the boot ,my bother in law has a rock and roll bed ,there good but you loose room ,the hardest part of my way is getting a good cheap caravel seat ,but once you have one they bolt straight in ;-) me and my wife love ours been surfing and camping loads of times and loads of room in the bed and well comfy

That looks great PP, I would love to put a bed in my dear ole T4. But I'd be worried I couldn't get the fishing/shooting stuff in lol. Got 2 Merc seats behind the bulk head already so doesn't really give me much room to play with.

hi mate are you going to kit it right out with the units iv just done mine if you want to have a look what i did to mine, my mate made the rock and roll bed for me

is your a high top ,i had the roof done on mine to make it higher

you go ahead the more people that save money the better ,and by the way its took some hammering so its well strong lol,just get some LEDs in the roof lining and some thermal blinds from just kampers and its like a love nest lol joking aside its worked well ,we have done this to 3 x t4s and made a bed it a high top t4 as well ,just make sure you use stainless steel hinges as just steel tend to rust ,we used worktop ones from B&Q the legs are pvc pipe with end caps

you go ahead the more people that save money the better ,and by the way its took some hammering so its well strong lol,just get some LEDs in the roof lining and some thermal blinds from just kampers and its like a love nest lol joking aside its worked well ,we have done this to 3 x t4s and made a bed it a high top t4 as well ,just make sure you use stainless steel hinges as just steel tend to rust ,we used worktop ones from B&Q the legs are pvc pipe with end caps

Thanks again,which glue did you use fore the carpet i used evostic contat spray red tin didnt work to well for me,your idea will be great for the t25 has a higher part in the back due to the engine being in the boot.

i had 8 tins of carpet spray glue free from a m8 ,i was told not to use it as its not heat proof ,the glue goes tacky and will sag !!!! well cash was short at the time and i used it DONT ,you must use heatproof carpet spray glue ,i use 4 way acoustic carpet ,make sure you spray the ply and the carpet or it wont stick ,try and give the ply 2 coats of spray ,just be careful as if your in a windy place it can go everywhere like party string spray ,i did the whole inside of the van ,took 2 days and i was well high ,it stinks for a few days but will go away ;-)